BC 4x4 Forums banner

caroline mines coquihalla , is it still accessable?

90K views 72 replies 33 participants last post by  Rifter 
#1 ·
I thought this would be any easy find?

Caroline mines road.. past the gate (its open now!)

but dead ends at a Heli-camp.
Did I miss a trail somewhere?

any one have a route?

thanks

:violin

#58 ·
Me and a few friends are planning on going up there for the remembrance day weekend (11th-13th). Glad to hear it's still open! Any idea if there is snow there yet?

#61 ·
Dang, 2 weeks and it should be lower... Good thing I have chains :D Although I don't think my friends do...

#62 ·
Forgot to post on here, but when we went up on remembrance day weekend, the gate about half way up had big concrete blocks blocking the trail, and they looked pretty new. One of the guys took a walk down the road and said it was partially washed out, but still enough to get a truck through. It was snowing a blizzard and freezing cold, so we opted not to hike the rest of the way. Tried using our winches to make the road "passable", :p, but it just pulled our trucks in. Hoping to go back in the spring and try again though.

#64 ·
I drove up there about 3 weeks ago and the snow was right down to the highway. I didn't attempt it. At the bottom of the road/start of the trail the snow was about 1 foot deep and not plowed. It looked like quads had been up recently though.

#66 ·
Went up yesterday and it looks like the logging is pretty much wrapped up on the main road, and the washout has been fixed.
There's still snow up around the minesite, and plenty of run off making it's way into the shafts, so bring your gumboots

#67 ·
Forgot to post on here, but we went early november back when there was no snow there yet. The mineshaft entrances have both had barriers put up around them that allows a buildup of water. So unless you want to walk in deep freezing water, you pretty much can't get in the shafts. Just wanted to let people know who wanted to check the mine out.

#68 ·
Does anyone have any info on that hydrogen fuel cell test site? Its the gated area on the left shortly off the hwy and up the FSR at Carolin Mines. We found a barricaded area that they used to blow up these mercedes benz H2 cells. Complete with 5 pane glass windows for cameras and a metal bunker. It was super random, just trying to put the pieces together here

#72 ·
Plant Water Gas Concrete Stone wall
Bedrock Plant Gas Concrete Landscape
Wood House Building Gas Building material
You can skirt around it to get into the drift and from there It didn't look bad at all. I didn't go into any of the drifts as I don't know them at all and didn't feel comfortable without someone who did.
Second drift was dry but didn't look promising. Plant Bedrock Wood Landscape Natural landscape

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.