death wobble

Thread: death wobble

Question death wobble

just finished my sas about a week ago or so now that everything setting in place and what not im starting to get a death wobble between 50 and 60 had the truck up to 130 and its solid everything up front appears to be tight. i got chevys rear and rancho 44044s up front any thoughts?
    93 toy sas 37s blawblawblaw

44s aren't that big its just that normal tires are so small.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

I feel your pain. My cruiser does the same thing. I was told that a 0 camber can cause it? I can drive at 110km all day but not 30 to 80 km. If I hit any kind of bump or rut then it goes into the Death Wobble . Any info would be great.

Thanks

It has a new str stabiliser
    97 4Runner Limited

Talk is cheap, because supply exceeds demand.

Originally posted by FJota
    I feel your pain. My cruiser does the same thing. I was told that a 0 camber can cause it? I can drive at 110km all day but not 30 to 80 km. If I hit any kind of bump or rut then it goes into the Death Wobble . Any info would be great.

Thanks

It has a new str stabiliser
    when you did your soa did you cut and turn your knuckles?
    74 FJcrawler
    73 FJ55
    78FJ45
    65FJ45LV
    No religion, no problems

5. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

did you rebuild the front axle befor you put it in?
    are your front wheel lugs tight?
    did you bend a front wheel?
    are all your wheels bearings good?
    96 Tacoma
    85 toyota with duals and that sort of stuff

The whole thing's a big mess. Cut'n'turn spring perches to correct pinion angle. Cut'n'turn knuckles to correct caster angle.

I was able to fix my death wobble, which was brutal at 50-70km/h, by playing around with my toe-in.

You can't change the camber on this front end, but depending on how bad your caster angle is you ARE changing the relationship between the two.

I'd suggest trying for 1/16 - 1/8" toe-in (forget the tie rod length measurement they give you with hysteer kits).

If that doesn't work out you will probably have to turn the knuckles to fix your caster.

what drop hanger and how long eye to eye are your shackles. do you have a steering stabalizer

i have 2.25" drop and 5.5" eye to eye shackles with a steering stabalizer and i had a bit of wobble with those tires unbalanced on bent 15x10's with weights still on them from the previous owner. nothing to bad, they are beter than my sx's but i really don;t care about the wobble. it wasn;t death wobble it was the steering wheel move back and forth a buit... i have had death wobble where you have to stop the truck because the tires get wobbleing so bad. this was loose wheel bearings. jack your junk up and grab the tire top and bottem and move it back and forth. i bet the wheel bearings are loose. even if you set to factory torque.... your running 37;s not 29's.....
    tow rig 96 cummins odometer stopped at 514 125km 5 speed 4x4 35's
    trail rig 93 yota, exo, dual cases, locked, 36sx, 30 spline longs, flat bottem, hydro assist.

one answer: EXCESS TOE IN!

excess toe in is likely the cause. Bring it out a shade and i'm sure it will go away. I'm also in a caster situation until i get my ride height settled. I had the same issue, adjusted 1/2 turn out, and voila, it's fixed.
    Building up the junk yard:

- Audi powered FJ 40 Land Cruiser. Build Thread -> http://forum.ih8mud.com/hardcore-cor...-toy-audi.html
    - PZJ77V Diesel Land Cruiser;
    - 90 - 4 runner parts for sale
    - 09 Jetta waggy

everything tight front wheels are balanced backs are not so good but still balanced im gonna try a steering stabalizer. well after this weekend headin to whipsaw see how she handles on the gravel roads
    93 toy sas 37s blawblawblaw

44s aren't that big its just that normal tires are so small.

I run the 44044 and I rotated my knuckles 12 deg. and put a steering stablizer on....

36 tslsx's and not one problem!
    www.jpminioffice.com

Re: death wobble

I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news Thank you very much for such an interesting post, and I meet them more often then I visited this site. https://royalcbd.com/ohio/

Dezjato desentupidora , is prepared to serve customers with great urgency for cleaning services in Residences, Industries, Commerce, Restaurants, Schools, Hospitals, Ports, Airports and ETC. desentupimento em geral

Extremely helpful post. This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a large number of intriguing stuff in your blog particularly its exchange. Truly its extraordinary article. Keep it up. 먹튀검증사이트