GPS Speedo

Thread: GPS Speedo

Question GPS Speedo

So I know that they make Gps speedos for boats , the question is : Do they make them for trucks yet. I'm pretty sure you could use a boat one but, I'd like to find something specially designed for us. It sure would be handy when you change your tires or other things that put your meck. speedo out of whack!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

I don't see why you couldn't just use the boat one since there really aren't any functional differences. OTOH, if you just want to use a GPS to calibrate your speedo, ANY consumer GPS can tell you your speed. The Garmin yellow eTrex units costs under $100 these days.

...lars

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Too Much Driver For Car

Naw

I'll probably just buy a boat one...... I'm to lazy to keep calibrating for this 4reason or that reason. I turn wrenches all day, The last thing I want to do is do it at home....... oh wait.. I guess I have to, I only have Half a truck... damn...lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

One thing about a GPS in a boat vs a trcuk (and correct me if I'm wrong) is the spped may not be accurate in the truck (gps will read slower than actual) as it only reads speed in 2 dimensions. Climbing or going down hills will give an inaccurate result.

A boat, riding on a level surface, is not going to have the same issue.

I find my GPS is regularly 2 - 5 km slower then my speedo and, checking my odometer against mile markers, my speedo is pretty friggin accurate (about 3/10th's off over 40KM).

Of course, if you drive through Sask or Manitoba, you won't have the same issue.

Originally posted by Tacklewasher
    One thing about a GPS in a boat vs a trcuk (and correct me if I'm wrong) is the spped may not be accurate in the truck (gps will read slower than actual) as it only reads speed in 2 dimensions. Climbing or going down hills will give an inaccurate result.

A boat, riding on a level surface, is not going to have the same issue.
    True. You basically want to use to it calibrate you speedometer on a relatively level stretch of road.

I wonder if multi-path errors would factor into it or not? Probably not, as long as the errors were consistent during the course of the speed measurement.

...lars

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Too Much Driver For Car

Re: GPS Speedo

Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website. whatsminer m31s