BC 4x4 Forums banner

Anyone interested in a Ghost town trip?

5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Hey folks, I have been thinking about making a run into some of the old ghosttowns and abandoned mines that dot BC. What kind of interest is there for that here? It may be a bit late in the season now, but perhaps we can plan something.

See less See more
#27 ·
by next spring I should have my lift in

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

#29 ·
Originally posted by NewToyo:
BTW for all who are interested, there is an interesting web site up about Bradian, a small town in Goldbridge country. Its at www.Pacificcoast.Net/~bradian

Check it out.
Is that where you/we were planning to go? Looks like an interesting place!

I can wait till next year. When ever everyone has time, I'll be there. That goes for anyone that has time now too. Just let me know when anyone wants to go.

Ollie

#30 ·
Originally posted by NewToyo:
BTW for all who are interested, there is an interesting web site up about Bradian, a small town in Goldbridge country.
Thanks for that link. It turns out I've been there before but didn't know the name. Here's a photo I took:

That was from my first trip on the Windy Ridge trail.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

#31 ·
I am so in, Bradian looks really interesting. This is what I have always wanted to do and the distance sound good for a weekend trip. I wonder if camping there is allowed. Lets organise a trip soon! Maybe a day trip exploration this year and then a weekned next summer where we can explore the outlying area. Whos up for it?

------------------
Me Tarzan u ? Favorite tool?
Monkey wrench!
I am the original shade tree mechanic

[This message has been edited by Tarzan (edited October 01, 2001).]

#33 ·
Originally posted by Tarzan:
I am so in, Bradian looks really interesting. This is what I have always wanted to do and the distance sound good for a weekend trip. I wonder if camping there is allowed. Lets organise a trip soon! Maybe a day trip exploration this year and then a weekned next summer where we can explore the outlying area. Whos up for it?
That deffinately looks like a fun place to go next spring/summer for a weekend trip.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

G
#35 ·
Yep, Ghosttowns.com is a great site. You have to know a bit about the countryside in order to get to some of the sites, but with a little research you can find most of the places listed. Sandon has always been on my "must see" list as for most of the Nelson area is dotted with old ghosttowns and minesites. Bradian seems to be closer to most people so that would be a great starting place. I know for a fact that I will be down next year in June for a week or so and I will be checking out some of the aformentioned sites. I get 4 weeks off, but I am heading to the Yukon for the first bit and then heading thru Alberta and into the lower half of BC, making my way to Vanc Island where I will be exploring some of the old mines over there. For now, that is the best possibility for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.