Licence for Resourse Road Radio?

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2020

    Licence for Resourse Road Radio?

    I have a $35 Baofeng radio programmed with the RR frequencies. Do I need a licence for either the radio or myself? Do most of you transmit or just monitor the location of logging trucks and pull over when needed?


  2. Remove Advertisements

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Re: Licence for Resourse Road Radio?

    You need a license to transmit on amateur radio frequencies, 144-146mhz for VHF. If you want to transmit on any of the RR frequencies you technically need a commercial license - or your employer does, which is what the logging/mining companies have. However it is smart to call out occasionally on active resource roads. I would suggest you get an amateur radio license so you understand how it all works.
    1998 Land Rover Discovery LSE
    Lifted & Locked, Expedition Ready

    Past Rigs: 1993 XJ Sport, 1994 YJ Sahara, 2005 TJ Unlimited

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts