BC 4x4 Forums banner

Windy Ridge

18K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  DH_4_ever 
#1 ·
... is really cold this time of year.

:eek:

#6 ·
we did that route from mud lakes earilier in sept. we had to make the enterance to the creek a little more do-able. the drop in was straight down on the left hand side. looks like a fun trip. did you stop up poison mountian? great veiw of the dog mountian fire when we were up there.

#11 ·
Looks like a nice time of year to do the trip.
A friend and myself were wanting to come down and do a trip like that...........maybe next time

#17 ·
Its 200-300+ km from gas pump to gas pump depending on the route you take and over half that time is spent just putting along in low. I have a 119L tank in my LJ and even that can be sketchy if the conditions are not perfect (as they were on this trip)

#18 ·
when we ran it each truck carried a total of 120L(me and anouther truck have 80L tanks, the other one has his modified), I brought an extra 80L in reserve for the 3 trucks (I packed 120L on the roof of my cherokee) big tanks are essencial. i really have to modify my tank to 97L.

#19 ·
yup you had way to much gas thats for sure..

even with the fire it was still beautiful up therem i love that kind of area.. wouldn't mind to go up there every weekend but i ate putting on my damn chains for the snow

tony whens the next trip?

#25 ·
ya we had too much gas, but hey, it was enough to get to bellecoola..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.