BC 4x4 Forums banner

metal source????

135K views 108 replies 72 participants last post by  Beebz 
#1 ·
i'm looking for a cheap supplier of steel and aluminium in the surrey langley area .mostly for some small fab work such as roof rack skid plates , bumpers etc...
any help would be great . thanks ....jeff

#79 ·
Just found a sweet place on the upper side of the river.

right down from brentwood mall in burnaby.

its called exact metals.

freaking awesome guys! got some free scrap so I didn't even have to buy any metal!

#80 ·
just a heads up that Fasteel Ind has moved to a brand new 80,000 s/ft wharehouse with while you wait small orders and small or large quantity delivery all over the lower mainland and upper fraser valley

new addy is 19176 21st ave surrey
# 604 542 8881

im a driver there so i might see ya around.

#87 ·
i need some aluminum was looking for some 1/4 square (2x2) a couple of 3 ft pcs and perhaps some 1/4 plate 2 pcs 12"x36" would do

5000 series marine

i know alaska copper but was hopeing to grab some close to maple ridge so i can get started . I thought there was a new supply place in pitmeadow but cant seem to find it????

#89 ·
try amix in chilliwack, they got all sorts of new and used steel

#98 ·
Im looking for some steel sheet for my cheap buggy floor and firewall , like 14 guage im thinking , and I guess 4x8 sheet and I would like to get it sheared length wise once , also need aluminum checkerplate maybe 2 sheets 4x8 for hood sides and roof . Any one know where I can get this cheap or used or maybe have something let me know or pm me please , im thinking fast steel on 199 and 20th is the cheapest for the steel

#101 ·
Amix steel and salvage out in chilliwack had some good prices. went there yesterday as first time customer meaning no account or relationship with the guys i got 120 ft of 1.5 inch sched 40 for 160 bucks and a 4x7 sheet of 3/16 plate for 130 plus taxes. Good selection of tube, sheet and angle there but they wont cut up full pieces. They will cut them for you to transport but they wont sell half pieces unless they have it kickin around in a scrap pile or something. i was quoted 3.xx a foot for 2x3 tube, was almost half the price of alder steel. all their prices are by the pound so it takes them a second to calc by the foot prices for you but they do. also, you didnt get this from me but one of the guys in the yard i was chattin up said he will cut whatever i want for a case of beer.

#102 ·
I work in a steel fab shop so could get some pretty good pricing. Also have access to CNC Plasma beam line as well as CNC Plasma plate machines. Boss said if I can find a big enough clientel in the 4x4 groups, might start producing custom parts. Basically anything out of tubing, angles, beams, and plate up to 4" thk we can do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.