BC 4x4 Forums banner

metal source????

135K views 108 replies 72 participants last post by  Beebz 
#1 ·
i'm looking for a cheap supplier of steel and aluminium in the surrey langley area .mostly for some small fab work such as roof rack skid plates , bumpers etc...
any help would be great . thanks ....jeff

#52 ·
I think what's getting even worse now is that the rise in steel/metal prices give every tool company the right to jack up their prices by like 30%. Carbide being the worst of all.
Well hopefully once Ontario gets it s biz booming again the costs will level out, but I doubt the tooling companies would drop their prices.

BAHSTAHDS!!!

Fasteel is cheaper than AJ for those large orders if anyone cares. And their delivery charge is $5 cheaper :)

#53 ·
Coast Mountain Steel in Yarrow still remembers what service is about
they have been great to deal with
they have quoted better then Alder everytime for me

add them to your list DanB, they even delivered to my home after work for an 20' stick of special order 1.25"x0.219"wall steering tubing
under $100

#54 ·
So where in the okanagan are you Okanagan /kelowna guys buying steel ?
I just got back a quote from AJ Forsyth and almost fell off my chair , considering that for $200 more i could have a local guy build the 12ft gate and it would be painted and ready to hang .
Carlos

#57 ·
i use metal supermarkets in langley on 200th near #1. they have no minimum order and don't charge for cuts. you can also pick up stuff cheeper if you get end crops. i think there open saturday too. you can get quotes on the internet too at metalsupermarkets.com

#60 ·
can anyone give me some prices on tube and aluminum sheet.

back home in PA it was....

3.10 a foot for chromoly
2.25 a foot for dom
1.70 a foot for mild
4x8 sheet of 1/8th inch aluminum went for 275$

all the tube prices were for orders 200 or over (screw buying small quantitys)

#64 ·
There is a new shop like pnj that just opened in richmond, the guy that started it used to work a pnj, it is called mayor metals. His prices seem to be a little better.

I do not have the number but I can post is another day if anyone is interested.

#65 ·
gadget said:
There is a new shop like pnj that just opened in richmond, the guy that started it used to work a pnj, it is called mayor metals. His prices seem to be a little better.

I do not have the number but I can post is another day if anyone is interested.
please do any steel place in richmond or vancouver

G
#70 ·
went to metal superstore yesterday in still creek area and holy **** they ripped me off....

$140 for a 20 foot chunk of hot rolled round that was hollow.....

They lost my business:welder

I actually have a source for whatever but i am worried to tell where it is after figuring all metal has jumped in price.. After i stock up on all i need i will give my location out maybe:lame

#71 ·
dominion steel does not do small orders

Called them a few weeks ago and at one time thay did small orders but not any more. I know of the company and thay have a huge back lot of steel.

I am also looking for a company that sells aluminum or steel sheet metal to fab a tank up.

If any of you know of cheap poly tanks for boats then would go that route.

#75 ·
bow350tie said:
Metalmart in Port Kells has been extremely good to me. They give good prices - WAY WAY better then the guys at Metalsupermarket down the street - those supermarket guys are pretty clueless somedays when I've had to go there.

Metalmart on the other hand will cut you whatever you want and has a well equipment machine shop (Big/Small lathes, milling machine, 200T press, brake press, shear press, tig/mig/stick fab) and will bring in plastics and oddball materials for you.

And if you get something machined there you will get very good quality parts.

I wont go anywhere else now good service good prices and friendly staff.

#76 ·
beater, passed by that place today

I was in port kells for another reason today and passed metalmart by accident. now i know where its at :) I want to make a second tank but the price of aluminum is a big high. Perfer a cheap used boat tank for my use made out of poly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.