BC 4x4 Forums banner

metal source????

135K views 108 replies 72 participants last post by  Beebz 
#1 ·
i'm looking for a cheap supplier of steel and aluminium in the surrey langley area .mostly for some small fab work such as roof rack skid plates , bumpers etc...
any help would be great . thanks ....jeff

#3 ·
i usually get my stuff from usenco steel sales

13894 117 ave surrey

ph number 604 584 4334

btw shouldnt we keep this topic sticky as its asked often and good use for everyone..

#5 ·
forgot to add this.. nicest thing about usenco u can buy the metal per foot let say u want 2 feet of 2x4 and 6 feet 2x6 and tubes 14 feet they charge u for all of the feets u want.. compared to aj fort sythe they charge only by 20 foot.. and have minimum 200 dollars order..
i bought 10 bux order and other time 40 bux so they are variety.. nice people too

#7 ·
hey is it possible for you guys to leave the location or directions or even address plus a phone number to those places in handy for others? its a suggestion since its going to be sticky.. nice to have a small metal phone book in here :*******

#20 ·
im looking for about 25' of 3'' tubing......
is this considered a small quantitiy?
or will i have to go to some industrial place or somthin?

#22 ·
all i know is pipe's a hell of alot cheaper......

3" tubing i thinnk like $6 p/foot
2-7/8 pipe $3 p/foot

who cares about 1/8 less anyways, wall thickness can vary and you can prob get them in same thickness

(measured the O.D)^

G
#24 ·
my top three pics

Here are my top three

1. Usenco steel, Surrey between Port Mann and Patello (sp?) 604.584.4334, awesome prices, gr8 people, and open saturdays till noonish.

2. Exact Metals, Burnaby near Brentwood Mall, 604.294.070, expensive but awesome selection and well organized, lots of cold rolled materials.

3. ABC Traders, Richmond, 604.278.1731. Some new stock, mostly used. They sell used metal by the pound, lots of sheet stock. They buy metal WHY too.

#25 ·
steal and aluminum

Hey guy my fater runs a welding shop in langley I'm steal as you guys would say youngin

but Fort Fab always has scrap plate both aluminum and steal I'll second alder stael mart and talk to Larry Or Rob there
if you looking for something you can
e-mail me too I can get some stuff real cheap if it is in the yard at the shop
if you don't mind hitting it witha wire
wheel first al for tubing and pipe
you can try reliable tube on production way just east of 264 and 56th (off of 56th) close to 272 not sure how they deal with small orders but you never know

also 25 feet is a small amount :D

#26 ·
pipe is for plumbing tube is for exos:******* its the way it bends, pipe crushes more when bent and loses strenght, tube doesnt, im not saying you cant build an exo out of pipe tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.