BC 4x4 Forums banner

chevy pics

154K views 159 replies 73 participants last post by  TheSullivan 
#1 ·
just wondering why there is no chevy pics section, so i figured i'd go for it.

See less See more
#60 ·
Hi This is my first post on the message board. I am from williams lake.this is my current project. 88 blazer.10" suspension 3" body 39.5 /15 super swamper tsl 350 tbi headers flowmaster 700r4 208 tc. have 454 at machine shop. looking for turbo 400 & 205 tc.I installed a 14 bolt 6 stud rear diff with the gov lock, after the 10 bolt lasted 2hr.built my own drive shaft cut and welded seems good for now although had to grind yokes to get the clearance for the angles, about 20 deg (cant belive its holding together this long ).Will spend the big money when i have the 205 tc.I wanted to post pictures of our fun .I have some friends with play trucks to their pictures will come .CHEVYS LEAD,ALL OTHERS FOLLOW. HAPPY TRAILS

Attachments

#62 ·
Dude, looks like a straight axle under the front.44 or 60? We were out playin all weekend,been raining steady for a week. Our one hole called "bog of stench" ,bone dry dust.but we found some.mud !!!!!!! broke left front axle on "the big blaze" and right front on "big green" here are more pics. I am doing research on axle shaft u joints holly everyone has an opinion.can afford $ 200 each,but also cant keep up with axles either.going to try brute force.see if they will stay in.also the warranty is ?honored?at the parts store.I am mechanic at can tire w/l ,and bought the parts there.my freind with cancer wants to start a 2 day 4x4ing event here in williams lake.for next year good ideas are always welcome

Attachments

#65 ·
Hi there chilliwak ,we did get them fixed.so sunday we went out to play, Big Blaze,Big Green,jeep cherokee,stock dodge diesel,stock dodge gasser.It was rainin like.party was on.Fun Fun Fun till about 10pm.Big Blaze hill climb slippery as ****about 300 feet up, 1/2 way.big rock lots of bouncing no way i was backing off but she came to a halt.front end slide side ways ,she would not move. lots of banging underneath blocked it on the hill and got ride home in Big Green.Monday, Buy winch and steel measure up bumper holes on a blazer in town went out with Big Green and Dodge gasser.Nice day climbed hill pulled bumper insalled winch. It Fit!!!!.found broken front diff,transfer case ripped off transmission.boken right front brake hose.winched up straight to little plateau got it turned around and down the hill i went all i had for stopping was the rear mud brakes at the last inch of pedal.we made it im sure i got air.then we hooked big green on to me.dodge on to it and for 12 min they pulled me up to the top around the hill climb what fun got to home by 5pm still had truck up on mountain took car trailer up loaded Big Blaze.blew tire on car trailer on way home ruined put on spare at home went to town thurs washed truck came home washed me.now waiting for 454 from machine shop looking for t400 205 tcase combo.must fix more mud coming.

#67 ·
Sorry to hear about all the carnage Granit. But it seems like you managed to limp home. Post some pics of the repairs you make. I would like to hear about the new 454 and transfer case set-up you are going to install.

#70 ·
haha yup its your old lift! I recognized some pics you had of the lift all taped and wrapped up, I baught it off Kelly, painted it up, modified some parts and threw er in. Lovin it. Just gotta find some 35s now...

#74 ·
I'll add to the collection.
From this as originally purchased (minus the iroks)

To this present day work still in progress, i got air ride to put in the back to level it out just need to find the time which is hopefully soon cuz it really bugs me lol

#77 ·
Man thats a nice blazer and nice looking BBC chevy there man, Seen your rig around town a couple times, Gotta say thats one of the nicest Blazers in The Puddle.

#78 · (Edited)
Guess it be time to put mine on here. Newly aquired 94 S-10 ZR2 with a good sized list of work. Stole, I mean bought from a good man named lucas this fall. 3 link front D60, 14 bolt disc brake rear. Had 39" XZL's swapped out for 38.5" boggers (more mud than rocks around here). Have put heavily through the paces and not a single problem lost the passenger mirror getting out of a tight spot, but hey now it matches the drivers side. Soon to have built 350 from the '94 1/2 ton thats been sitting beside my shop for 4 years with a blown tranny. Probly be a while before that happens though.
Here it is with the new diggers

First day home with it. Had to play

Here I am with the brother in law going to extract a moose he shot on a pipeline. The holes look small, but for a novice they were decent size.

#79 ·
Guess it be time to put mine on here. Newly aquired 94 S-10 ZR2 with a good sized list of work. Stole, I mean bought from a good man named lucas this fall. 3 link front D60, 14 bolt disc brake rear. Had 39" XZL's swapped out for 38.5" boggers (more mud than rocks around here). Have put heavily through the paces and not a single problem lost the passenger mirror getting out of a tight spot, but hey now it matches the drivers side. Soon to have built 350 from the '94 1/2 ton thats been sitting beside my shop for 4 years with a blown tranny. Probly be a while before that happens though.
Here it is with the new diggers

Always loved the S10's.
Are those 11" wide Boggers?
It sounds good with the stock 4.3L in it. Any idea what axle ratio you have?

#83 ·
Thanks, I'm lucky as there's a military boneyard not far from me with a few 1008 and 1009 cucv's. He had 30 or so but now hes only got 8 left. New parts aren't a problem either. I can usually get parts delivered within 24 hours or 2-3 days if they come from the States. I know of several Blazers locally. Insurance is rediculously cheap for them over here. I've got them both on the same policy for about $200 fully comp. the average small hatchback or saloon over here usually cost $3-400 plus to insure.

#85 ·
Hows that 10 bolt rear end holding up with those 35's?You have a G80 in that with 3.73's?I'm thinking of going up from 33's to 35's but I heard the 10 bolt with the G80 doesnt like 35's.

Very mixed reviews on the topic,I dont beat on my truck that bad so I dont think it should be an issue.

#86 ·
yeah you know ive heard that the G80 + 35's is asking for trouble but i couldnt tell you first hand cuz my truck has a 14 bolt Semi Float with 3:73s and posi. even with this rear end with 3:73s and my 35s im gutless lol ive got no torque. im moving up to a 14 bolt full float and a d44 with 4:10 locked front and rear hopefully this year! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.