BC 4x4 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 inch lift on my smart car AND bigger tires

75K views 150 replies 33 participants last post by  VSAdmin 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

Been awhile since i have posted here!

So, as some of you recall, I like Suzuki's and smarts. (And Volvo and Subaru... but I digress...)

I had a 2 inch spacer lift kit installed in my 2008 smart fortwo pure coupe this week. I sourced the lift from the USA, it's manufactired by Daystar.

Adding to this were tires about 8% larger in diameter. I am now running 185/65/15 on all four corners (with four rear OEM steel wheels) which I can now rotate! This compares to stock size of 155/60/15 on the front and 175/55/15 on the rear.

The car handles EXCELLENT. I had Steve at CARS in Abbotsford to the install (Clearbrook Auto Repair Service) and took the car to RPM across from Crappy Tire to get the alignment done. Just a tiny trim required on the front spolier, and there is no rub.

You can see more of the details and what not here:

http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopic=24622

I guess you want a picture too right?

go2car vs car2go:

I'll post a few more direct links to photos if there's any interest. I am going to get my Grand Vitara and the smart next to each other today,

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#30 ·
woa...someone has some sand in their mangina. sheesh...chill out hipster, no need to get all butt hurt. maybe if you posted this where it belongs...you might have gotten better reception. next thing you know you'll be posting your used 155s in the 4x4 classifieds. can i join your smart car forum and post about my landcruiser in the general smart car discussions forum? maybe i should and we'll see if the hipster penises are as small as the red neck penises.

in case you missed it:

General 4x4 Talk

(20 Viewing)
Post your message here if it doesn't belong in any of the other forums but it **MUST** be 4x4-related. Anything else will be deleted.
for someone thats been around for so long...one would assume that you'd know what to post where. or at least know how to read. i guess smart car owners arent so.. (wait for it..) smart.

:finger_1:

#51 ·
Doooooode. Your being dragged in hook line and sinker responding to them this way. Most of the guys giving you a hard time have a piss poor reputation on here. If you can't come up with a creative come back instead of ranting and swearing at them I wouldn't say anything at all.

I will say you have a lot of balls posting a smart car topic on here.

#54 ·
Most of the guys giving you a hard time have a piss poor reputation on here.
Just so we are clear here.....

Attention 4Lo, kore, 69rd96, J20, dOubledown and crazyguy. Most of you have a piss poor reputation on this board. Bet you didn't know. :laugh

#56 ·
Just so we are clear here.....

Attention 4Lo, kore, 69rd96, J20, dOubledown and crazyguy. Most of you have a piss poor reputation on this board. Bet you didn't know. :laugh
Oh I know, but the little green thingymajingy under my name still says I'm on a "distinguished road", so I must be kewl.

Some people buy sports cars to make others think they have a massive penis, and then there are some who buy smart cars and make people think they actually have a penis. :shakehead:

#29 ·
That's a nice easy trail with a t-case equipped ride. Been there lots in my various Vitaras. I think the smart diesel with a lift could do it, aired down to 20 PSI .

#31 ·
And multiple threads about the Hurley?

Good grief.....

Come on over anytime...

http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showforum=79

It's there for the taking.

Not like I didn't expect some naysaying, but this 'why is this posted here' crap is so childish.

Would you rather I post some story about my Grand Vitara and I at Rennell Sound on the Queen Charlottes in the summer of 2010? ('One of the steepest roads in North America'..... uh...... yawn..... but a totally cool place none the less.... one of my best vacations ever...)

#32 ·
#34 ·
Well, I'm not going to mod you..... do what thou wilt. You've not quite got the apples to apples thing goin, but hey, try it on....

My thread is far more related to 4x4 than you give it credit for, let's see if yours can come close to having anything to do with smart cars....

#35 ·
My thread is far more related to 4x4 than you give it credit for,
really? how? because you bought a lift and put bigger tires? because you own a 4X4? like i said, my donk is just as relevent then...no?

let's see if yours can come close to having anything to do with smart cars....
it fucking WONT! because this thread doesnt have anything to do with general 4X4 talk. sheesh! thats the whole fucking point. thats what i wrote in my first post of this thread, which im now regretting. holy fuck you're dumb. im done in this thread. personally i think its cool that you want to drive this and mod it up or whatever to suit your needs. though its too bad you're too thick headed for your thin skin...

#37 ·
If you're soooo smart and I'm so dumb, then just PM a BC4x4 mod and just ask to shit can the thread to chit chat...

Why shit on me? What's the point?

That's my point.

I'll get my Rennell Sound pictures ready for a real 4x4 thread..... cause my GV has a t-case you know.... whether I needed it or not.

#39 · (Edited)
Well there you go.... 4615 posts later, I sure hope you'd be able to tell me something I didn't already know.

#40 ·
Still wondering why we're mad at you? Guess who's the one coming along in a proper 4wd vehicle and finds some dumbass in a mildly lifted Smrtcar stuck in the bush, and gets stuck with helping his sorry ass out when it eats up a tranny or gets stuck in a crossditch blocking the entire road..

We've all 'wheeled cars (and even some lifted) but generally gave that up when our parents no longer allowed us to drive their vehicles. We got proper jobs and could then afford to drive a proper 4wd vehicle and even afford to feed it the necessary fuel required. The truth is a bitch.. This is even worse than the guys who try to 'wheel their RAV4s. LR

#48 ·
We've all 'wheeled cars (and even some lifted) but generally gave that up when our parents no longer allowed us to drive their vehicles. We got proper jobs and could then afford to drive a proper 4wd vehicle and even afford to feed it the necessary fuel required. The truth is a bitch.. This is even worse than the guys who try to 'wheel their RAV4s. LR
You mean we were supposed to stop wheeling cars once we bought them ourselves? Dang, I wonder if I have any pics from the early 90s of my 84 cavalier with the bush bar on the front and 2"coil-wedge spacer lift. Didn't wheel as good as my 76 maverick though, the maverick jumped great, had bucket seats and a/c! I know what you mean LR, but wheeling cars is sometimes fun too! Even if it's your own.

#41 ·
I am thinking about the next mod - how about a winch?

I'll have to see what can be had in the lightweight category. Maybe an ATV winch.....

#42 ·
Not only do I not have a proper 4x4 topic, or a proper vehicle, I've not got a proper job?

Did I say I was taking the smart to the Whipsaw?

I sure hate it when I'm commuting to work and there's a 4x4 in the ditch holding up traffic.

#44 ·
Maybe with a winch.... not.

#57 ·
You aren't going to run across me on your favourite trail (though you could 'run across me'), broken down in my smart with a pair of snapped linkages up front and a hole in the oil pan in the back.

You might run across me with a failed IFS in my lame Suzuki Grand Vitara and a hammered out rear diff though.... I doubt that will make it better.

Actually no, I'm not going to rock monkey a vehicle clearly incapable of doing such a thing.

#47 ·
You must have me confused with the other guy.

#49 ·
I just stopped buying cars thats all :laugh if i still had one damn straight i would wheel it, but these days those cars get used up as field cars! LR

#50 ·
Trying so hard to turn a Smart Car into an average off roader is like trying to turn a dairy cow into a pure bred race horse and expecting it to hold it's own at the race track with real horses.

As far as a winch, try a fishing reel and some 100 pound line.

#52 ·
#55 ·
If it's all about thread views and replies, maybe I am winning... :clown

#60 ·
Maybe only because we 'fell back'....

#66 ·
I updated the post.

That's the roadster. Came in LHD and RHD... Will be eligible to import in 7 years roughly, as long as it stays at 15 years.

#67 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.