BC 4x4 Forums banner

Driving Shirtless

15K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Bronco Boy 
#1 ·
Hey, a buddy of mine recently got a ticket for driving without his shirt on. I was wondering if there was such a law against driving without a shirt and how is this different then say, moving the lawn with a bare chest or going to the beach.

#3 ·
To respond to this I would need to know what kind of ticket and the Act and section number of the charge.

Actually, to respond properly to any ticket question, this information is a must.

#8 ·
haha, judging from the replies it seems that the chances of me getting pulled over are pretty slim. Skidmark, I asked my buddy what section number etc. the ticket was from and I will post it as soon as I find out. In the meantime, I just wanted to make sure that there wasnt a good change of ME getting pulled over. :)

#9 ·
Not a problem, but I think maybe he is pulling your leg a bit.

If he does come up with it, I would be interested and you never know who might ask me a similar question. It's always nice to have the answer.

#15 ·
eric-the-red said:
According to this website it's legal to drive barefoot everywhere in North America, except Cali, though it's not recommended in Ohio.

http://tafkac.org/legal/driving.barefoot/driving_barefoot.html
You may either want toreread you post or go back to school and learn english as as posted you are allowed to drive with bare feet. "California:
Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is not prohibited.":*******

#17 ·
I believe its stated in the drivers training book provided by ICBC that motorists are required to wear footwear that in the event of an emergency you can safely exit the vehicle and flee (car lights on fire, ect), it only makes sense in the fact that you never know when you're going to be in an accident. Its like people I see out 4 wheeling in sandals, plain stupidity in my opinion. Running shoes are iffy, boots would be my choice... But then again not everyone shares my opinions (probably a good thing)..

Driving without a shirt on? Maybe on a motorcycle or if the officer deemed him to be indecent. It sounds like your buddy either has an attitude and the officer decided to issue him the ticket in response, or the officer really had nothing better to do. That's pretty petty sounding to me...

#19 ·
I just wasted half an hour trying to find relevant information in the motor vehicle act and regulations, I cant find any.

Wheres that information on what section of the act was violated on the ticket?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.