BC 4x4 Forums banner

4cylinder 22R --firing order--

24K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  belmont mild 
G
#1 ·
Just wondering on what the firing order is from distriibutor cap a picture from someone would be cool....

#2 ·
1-3-4-2 if i am not mistaken, your cap should indicate the #1 and the rest go on clockwise

still having problems with it not running properly?

i had it one time where if i stepped on the gas more than halfway my 22r would sputter, spit, and backfire. i could not figure it out for anything. Finally i took off the valve cover and checked the timing chain and found it was one tooth out, i fixed it and it ran great.

i also have a working carb at my place too and if you want your more than welcome to try it out and see if that is what it is

G
#3 ·
its running good i am 1000% i got issues with mixtures in the carb it feels and sound like it.... (i have an extra carb but it looks dirty and possibly could be worse than the one on...)

Runs wicked at 1500 rpm anything lower and its chuggy and all over the map but again im dofing a 350 swap and wanted to fix this before pulling it out.. Just a completion thing with me i need to find the problem so i can say i did it....

G
#4 ·
Kronic said:
1-3-4-2 if i am not mistaken, your cap should indicate the #1 and the rest go on clockwise

still having problems with it not running properly?

i had it one time where if i stepped on the gas more than halfway my 22r would sputter, spit, and backfire. i could not figure it out for anything. Finally i took off the valve cover and checked the timing chain and found it was one tooth out, i fixed it and it ran great.

i also have a working carb at my place too and if you want your more than welcome to try it out and see if that is what it is

if your looking at he distribuotr from the drivers side it should look like this

0 0
. 0
0 0

middle one is coil
the top first one is nearest the rad
bottom one under the top first one is nearest the rad

the two last ones after the coils are nearest the friewall..

I will get what mine are set at this minute..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.