who's got a Dana35 TTB they wanna get rid of?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Registered User Captain Air Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Campbell River
    Posts
    1,469

    Post who's got a Dana35 TTB they wanna get rid of?

    Where can I get a D35TTB setup? If/when the wreckers have them, they seem overly affected by the amount of crack they smoked at lunch, and think they are made of gold, not discarded by discriminating rock crawlers!
    I don't need good, and I don't need fast, but I DO need CHEAP! Any ideas on where to get it? (other than my neighbors Exploder, please!) I may have to buy a whole vehicle to part out in order to have my way. Sigh. The damn yard keeps shrinking...

    ------------------
    Drive fast, take chances!
    I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!
    Taste the High Speed Dirt!
    98 Exploder v3.0

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Stanwoody WA
    Posts
    134

    Post

    Geez CAT, I figured there would be plenty of guys giving these away. What happenend, you get a boat and need an anchor? What are you going to put it in? I might be able to scroung up a 44.

    ------------------
    FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"
    Molson eh?

  4. #3
    Registered User Captain Air Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Campbell River
    Posts
    1,469

    Post

    The Rapid Ranger needs some front drive and lots of wheel travel (20"+ vertical) for bashing. Everybody and their dog has a solid axle, and for what I'll use the turbo truck for, its wheel control, not articulation at the top of the list. Besides, I like to be different, might put one in the back too! LOL! I need parts of 44TTB also, to make what I have in mind, But I want to start with a 35 if I can find one.

    ------------------
    Drive fast, take chances!
    I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!
    Taste the High Speed Dirt!
    98 Exploder v3.0

  5. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4

    Post

    Are you doing the same thing as I am? Im making a dana 50 ttb, into a solid axel,basically same is that what u are doing with that ttb? If not how do you expect to get 20" of vertical travel?? Id love to hear.

    ------------------
    81 and 82 broncos,
    Well, u need any stock parts, u can have em cheap.

  7. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Stanwoody WA
    Posts
    134

    Post

    Originally posted by Captain Air Time:
    The Rapid Ranger needs some front drive and lots of wheel travel (20"+ vertical) for bashing.
    snip
    But I want to start with a 35 if I can find one.

    I'll keep an eye open. I'd like to see that run the bowl at Sand Lake.



    ------------------
    FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"
    Molson eh?

  8. #6
    Registered User Captain Air Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Campbell River
    Posts
    1,469

    Post

    Originally posted by BRONCO BUSTER:
    Are you doing the same thing as I am? Im making a dana 50 ttb, into a solid axel,basically same is that what u are doing with that ttb? If not how do you expect to get 20" of vertical travel?? Id love to hear.
    I used to think about a high clearance solid 44ttb, but I just don't need the height or clearance, or the weight. I hope to hell my whole truck weighs less than 3500LB wearing 35's, the (likely unattainable) goal is 3000LB.
    What I'm planning is a D35 center section, lengthened arms (maybe) cut and turned for lift, and 44 outer knuckles etc. long radius arms, tube chassis, etc. Anyone can get 15-16" out of a stocker, so I shouldn't have any trouble making 20-24".

    Anyone know if the D44TTB center is aluminum like the 35? would be cheaper/easier/better, but the 35 should be plenty strong, and lighter, perfect for my needs.


    ------------------
    Drive fast, take chances!
    I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!
    Taste the High Speed Dirt!
    98 Exploder v3.0

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    39

    Thumbs up

    The best way to get travel and clearance out of a D35 is to cut out the lower ball joint mounts and move them about an inch outwards. Not easy to do but it will allow for the use of a 5 1/2" lifted coil WITHOUT DROP BRACKETS on your TTB's. If you turn your radius arms a few degrees and have them lengthened back to your tranny cross member things will line up real sweet. Try to level off the lower spring seat so your springs don't arc like a slinky. If you can afford big f'n heim joints for the ends of your radius arms your laughin all the way to the finish line in Baja. I am not a fabricator so I bought some modified TTB's from Camburg Offroad Eng. in California and the long radius arm kit from skyjacker, and 5 1/2" coils from superlift. The truck can easily do 110km/hr on dirt in total control and lands like it's on air. Rock crawling is also a major strong point as the articulation is much better than a bought lift kit.

    I've gone on enough already so just do it because it works great. TTB all the way!!!

    ------------------
    Andy Radlgruber, 90 Ranger, 6" bits & pieces lift, locked front D35, posi rear 8.8, Ramsey equiped, 32x11.5 Mud Rovers

  10. #8
    Registered User Captain Air Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Campbell River
    Posts
    1,469

    Post

    Originally posted by Andy Rad:
    The best way to get travel and clearance out of a D35 is to cut out the lower ball joint mounts and move them about an inch outwards. Not easy to do but it will allow for the use of a 5 1/2" lifted coil WITHOUT DROP BRACKETS on your TTB's. If you turn your radius arms a few degrees and have them lengthened back to your tranny cross member things will line up real sweet. Try to level off the lower spring seat so your springs don't arc like a slinky. If you can afford big f'n heim joints for the ends of your radius arms your laughin all the way to the finish line in Baja. I am not a fabricator so I bought some modified TTB's from Camburg Offroad Eng. in California and the long radius arm kit from skyjacker, and 5 1/2" coils from superlift. The truck can easily do 110km/hr on dirt in total control and lands like it's on air. Rock crawling is also a major strong point as the articulation is much better than a bought lift kit.

    I've gone on enough already so just do it because it works great. TTB all the way!!!
    Sounds very much like what I'm planning, except I'll build/have built all the pieces. Cheaper than $$Camburg$$ and friends.
    Where are you in Surrey? Any chance I could come by and have a look, maybe go for a ride !

    ------------------
    Drive fast, take chances!
    I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!
    Taste the High Speed Dirt!
    98 Exploder v3.0

  11. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Abbotsford B.C
    Posts
    512
    they had a couple 94 exploders at pick a aprt in chilliwack that had the front diffs in them when i was last there
    85 b2 stock 2.8 auto

    although it has 30 inch mt's that rub all over LMAO

  12. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    39
    when were u there? i was there 2 weeks ago and they only had 1 raped one with 1/2 the d35

  13. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Abbotsford B.C
    Posts
    512
    only been about two weeks and there was two or three there
    85 b2 stock 2.8 auto

    although it has 30 inch mt's that rub all over LMAO

  14. #12
    Registered User Captain Air Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Campbell River
    Posts
    1,469
    Originally posted by lakahahahman
    only been about two weeks and there was two or three there
    this thread is 3 years old! where the hell did you dig this up??

    I have a good D35 for sale now...
    Taste the High Speed Dirt!
    98 Exploder v3.0

  15. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Abbotsford B.C
    Posts
    512
    Originally posted by Captain Air Time


    this thread is 3 years old! where the hell did you dig this up??

    I have a good D35 for sale now...
    LOL i never even noticed HAHAHAHAHA

    how much for the d35

    do they fit as well in the rangers i heard that the bronco diffs are a little narrower than the ranger ??? dont know how true it is but could be

    what are the gears in it and does it have manual hubs
    85 b2 stock 2.8 auto

    although it has 30 inch mt's that rub all over LMAO

  16. #14
    Registered User Captain Air Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Campbell River
    Posts
    1,469
    Originally posted by lakahahahman


    LOL i never even noticed HAHAHAHAHA

    how much for the d35

    do they fit as well in the rangers i heard that the bronco diffs are a little narrower than the ranger ??? dont know how true it is but could be

    what are the gears in it and does it have manual hubs
    All TTB D35's are the same. The 7.5 in a B2 is a touch wider than a early ranger tho. I can solve all those issues for ya, with a matching set of Explorer axles

    rear 8.8 3.73LS
    front D35 3.73, no hubs (was auto)

    $650 for both or $375 for the D35
    Taste the High Speed Dirt!
    98 Exploder v3.0

  17. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    182
    Originally posted by Captain Air Time


    I used to think about a high clearance solid 44ttb, but I just don't need the height or clearance, or the weight. I hope to hell my whole truck weighs less than 3500LB wearing 35's, the (likely unattainable) goal is 3000LB.
    What I'm planning is a D35 center section, lengthened arms (maybe) cut and turned for lift, and 44 outer knuckles etc. long radius arms, tube chassis, etc. Anyone can get 15-16" out of a stocker, so I shouldn't have any trouble making 20-24".

    Anyone know if the D44TTB center is aluminum like the 35? would be cheaper/easier/better, but the 35 should be plenty strong, and lighter, perfect for my needs.


    ------------------
    Drive fast, take chances!
    I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!
    teh center section is not aluminum and have fun with your front end. I have done the same thing and I am now looking out going to a Dana 60 front and 14 bolt in the rear of my Bronco. The set up is great for high speed but I have had enough with the breakeage ( two custom radius arms, several axle shafts , drive shafts and bent my drag link in the last 4 Months). I am also looking at running bigger tires then what the Dana 44 can handle.
    77 F250 w/35 BFG MT[gone to a better place ]
    88 Bronco Eddie Bauer w35 SSR and a custom 6" lift( under construction to do some good wheeling)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •