BC 4x4 Forums banner

2000 F250 Superduty. Lift for 33's?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  KEV 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if my F250 will need a lift for 33 inch tires? The factory tires are the equiv. of 31's right now. I think they're 235/85R16's.

------------------
EBES
F250 Superduty
Port Moody.
ebelkevin@netscape.net

#2 ·
Originally posted by EBES:
Does anyone know if my F250 will need a lift for 33 inch tires? The factory tires are the equiv. of 31's right now. I think they're 235/85R16's.

I just read an article that showed an F350 SuperDuty with 305/70/16 (about 33" tall)Procomp All Terrain's mounted with no lift. From the pictures it looked like the tires fit with no problem at all.

#3 ·
Those are huge trucks from the factory, I see them all the time and I have no doubt that 33's would fit without a problem, all depending on rim size and backspacing.

I'm sure a two inch body lift would allow them their full range of motion. The body lift might be the problem though, lotta crap under that hood that looks like it might get screwed up if you lifted the body.

Dan.

#4 ·
You can fit 33's under a F 250 with no troubles and no lift. I have a few freinds that are running 33's on their 250. Just make sure you get the rims backspaced or you will be rubbing on all your suspenssion components. I thing they got around 4 - 4 1/2 backspacing.

#5 ·
Originally posted by EBES:
Actually a 235/85R16 tire is equivalent to a 32" tire. Converted it is 31.7" 33's should fit no probs.

#6 ·
Backspacing? What's that? I've never actually done any lift work myself. Thanx for the tips and xcuse my lack of know-how.

------------------
EBES
F250 Superduty
Port Moody.
ebelkevin@netscape.net

#8 ·
Thanx for the info guys. Just gotta save up enough $ now.

------------------
EBES
F250 Superduty
Port Moody.
ebelkevin@netscape.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.