1996 F250 OBS PSD Supercab $10

1996 F250 OBS PSD Supercab $10

1996 FORD F250 HD Supercab
    314,300 km

Body: No accidents, no rust, heavy duty (3/8” thick floor) loggers box with headache rack and removable rear ladder/boat rack, aluminum heavy duty tool box, Dual fuel tanks, sun visor (installed correctly with rubber sealed well, nuts NOT screws in the roof!), 40/20/40 front seat with center console / jump seat, A/C is good, interior clean, new carpet, running board tubes “nerf bars”, fender flares (no rust or drilling for these- underneath they are screwed into the original fender trim mounting holes, I put these on to eliminate stone chips ) It’s got a Kenwood stereo with USB, it’s a nice unit, I don’t care about stereo stuff too much but this one was likely pretty high end in it’s day, it’s definitely not a cheap one. I’ve also installed a nice ICOM radio with a lot of the lower mainland, upper coastal and island frequencies. Also has pillar mounted EGT and Boost gauge. Comes with a full set of 4 tire snow chains with the bungee spiders.

Front axle: Dana 60 kingpin front axle, warn hubs, all new bearings, seals, kingpins and u-joints (Spicer), slotted & drilled rotors, stainless brake lines, open diff, upgraded high steering linkage, Super Duty shackle reversal and springs- rides much smoother than the original factory springs and shackles.

Rear axle: Ford Sterling 10.25 with limited slip, new bearings, seals, all brake hardware and drums, stainless brake lines, frame mounted 13k winch in rear under frame. The bolts for the springs/shackles are greaseable. Airlift airbags, Class IV (or V ?) hitch. The left rear parking brake cable tends to stick from sitting so I loosened it up but if I have time before the truck sells, I’ll replace it.

Engine & trans: 7.3 powerstroke diesel engine, 5spd transmission, - transmission and transfer case rebuilt and new clutch and flywheel, aftermarket intercooler, BDP Dominator 66 turbo, turbo delete pedestal, stage 2 fuel injectors, new glow plugs (later model glow plug UVC harness installed), High volume HPOP, turbo down pipe to twin slash cut stacks, new dual filter fuel pump system, Hydra Chip

Spare parts: injector driver computer, 3 ecm computers, 4 spare doors (2 good bare shells that are the later 1996 with the ridge along the bottom) and 2 dented ones (with all the power window hardware- I was going to eventually combine the doors and install power windows), new in box black small mirrors, 2 sets of door interior panels for power windows (one set grey, one set red), hood, rad support, inner and outer grille, inner and outer front fenders – all genuine ford parts- they are various colours but I collected them over the years because they are in excellent shape in case I ever need them.

The black wheels were sandblasted clean and urethane painted and the regular size tires have less than 2500 km on them, they are really chunky snow / mud tires that will accept studs, there is a full size spare in the back on a matching black rim. I do have a set of 4 almost new 325/65R18 (35”) Nitto Terra grapplers on Mickey Thompson Classic Lock 18” rims that need cleaning (from sitting, they are dulled and just need a polishing) with center caps and a matching spare (on an American racing rim that is almost the same as the M/T but without the simulated beadlock- it’s shiny never been mounted and the Nitto Terra grappler 35” spare tire is ~20% tread left) for an extra $2000 for all 5. The Nitto tires were over $500 each and the M/T wheels were $300 each so I’m selling them at half price. The bigger M/T wheels and tires look really nice on this truck too (they are the ones in the snowy picture), but the black wheels and skinny tires are much better in the snow.
    I got this truck about 5 years ago, used it for work out in the bush and then did a full front to back rebuild/upgrade to everything in the off season and then before I had a chance to figure out the tunes for the chip, I got a job in the city. Now the city job hired me full time and I have a company truck so it’s time to sell this great super duty beast instead of paying insurance just to park it for another 2 years. I put 2 new batteries in years ago so they are old but not used, I just pulled them out and have them on a trickle charger and put them in the truck when I need to move it. This is a for-real solid work truck in excellent condition but it needs to be properly cared for and maintained by someone who knows these old powerstrokes. The tuning guys told me that it will sometimes flash codes because of the higher volume HPOP and injectors but I never got around to buying the plug in tuning / diagnostic software so you will want to get that- not the standard OBD2 either, these powerstrokes are unique and you need the right program (I think you need a “snap-on brick” or “Autoenginuity”), then you can clear codes and tune it yourself, it has a dash mounted tune selector but I’ve only used the fast idle setting when I was warming it up, otherwise I didn’t try any of the performance tune settings, I just built it and never had a chance to drive it except to the Vancouver dump a few times when we did a small home reno.

If you love these OBS fords and know how to care for these original (and best) powerstrokes then this truck is a perfect machine for you. If you’ve read this far then you know I’ve easily got over $10k of parts in this thing and the spares are worth a lot too, but I’m a realist and you can never expect to get the money back when you build something properly, so I’m pretty firm on the price and I feel that $10k cash in hand is a very fair price for this truck and I want it to go to a good home that will appreciate it; I’m not interested in trades at this time, I already have too many projects on the go, that’s why I need to let this nice one go to make room.

in vancouver 778-928-5705
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_side view.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	60247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_side view.jpg 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	60249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10_driver interior.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	60251  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6_engine.jpg 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	60253  
    Last edited by Broncorino; February 28th, 2020 at 05:37 am.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements