Catermole to Siwash Creek

Catermole to Siwash Creek

We ran Siwash Creek as part of a large loop in 2015 planning to hop over the pass from the coke to the #12 but we had quite a late start at about 18:00. We ended up turning around at about 49.531492, -121.314054 due to it being well past sunset with a wicked rainstorm and had to keep on track for the rest of the trip so we headed back and went through Hope.

The plan is to give it another shot this year and was looking to see if anyone knew if there is a gate on Catermole as the mapbooks show there to be one but I don't see one on satellite imagery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: Catermole to Siwash Creek

Catermole?

My best guess is you are planning on running from Caroline Mine to Alexandra Bridge.

From the Alexandra Bridge,
    The gates have been left open for a number of years now however there is a very significant washout that can't be navigated (without a LOT of work) about 3K past the old logging camp (concrete slab with some poles left standing)
    The river is now running where the road used to be with an approximately 12 foot drop to the river bed.
    It was two years ago I was up there last. Things change rapidly, they may have started logging up there and fixed the road...

The free miners are a squirrely bunch up there....