Off trail at whipsaw - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Off trail at whipsaw

Drive where ever you want as long as it looks the same as before you drove in. A gravel off shoot would be ok, flowered meadow would be a no go, mud bog that you're going to make deeper would be a no, a rocky hill would be ok, a pond would be a no, driving up a creek would be a no.

It's common sense. Leave it as you found it. No one wants to go there to see a bunch of signs every 100' telling you what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmax
    hmmm. i ment to say its awsome
    '04 Taco TRD 4X4 v6 5spd- official truck of the taliban

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

....and most importantly,don't post pictures of experimental/questionable adventures online for the nature nazis to view.you and your 4 wheeler will never do as much iriversable environmental damage as the government and the corporate world have achieved.wheel on and enjoy

mitch wess summed it up pretty good. sounds like its not what you wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by steve604 View Post
    you can never have too many jeeps...

Stock Merc on 24's

5. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Nope it's all good, just didn't want to be that guy and I wasn't sure on what would be considered trail and what isn't, everyone just says don't drive off the trail, well last time I came thru whipsaw there were tons of little off shoots that looked like they have been there for a while so I was just curious
    I will break it to prove my point

Get r FKN done....that trail has been around for years....take the bypasses that have already been driven thru...the rest whatever make your decision..everyone gonna have an opinion if you ask on this site...and most of the opinions are from people who never even go offroad...just use common sense and go beat on your shit! enjoy BC

Quote Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
    Get r FKN done....that trail has been around for years....take the bypasses that have already been driven thru...the rest whatever make your decision..everyone gonna have an opinion if you ask on this site...and most of the opinions are from people who never even go offroad...just use common sense and go beat on your shit! enjoy BC
    Ya....what he said...

mitch686, you bitch about common sense not being common, but your not willing to go out there and use some common sense yourself?

thank God there isnt a list of rules telling you where you can and cant go and a sign every 20ft with a cop standing behind it making sure you do it.
    and as long as we all go out there and think about the consequences of our actions there wont be.
    87 hilux on 35's

Basically if it looks like a established road it is probably good, a mud hole or tracks in a meadow no good. Making a second track to by pass a obstacle should be avoided if possible. Same really as steve604 said , and sorry if the way Wes said the same stuff hurt your feelings but having to repeat well known off road guidelines over and over must get a little old.

I would treat it as a public road going through private property, like many of our gravel roads in BC. The reason parts of the area are of a higher sensitivity is the elevation... growing season (think greenery recovery season) is much shorter up there because its under snow for 8-9 months of the year. A tire track through one of the meadows would take much longer to recover than it would across someone's lawn in Surrey. The trees are smaller and shorter the higher you go, yet they are much older than a tree of similar size at a lower elevation.

Steve604's description is a pretty good way to sum it up : "Drive where ever you want as long as it looks the same as before you drove in"

Quote Originally Posted by JaredC View Post
    I would treat it as a public road going through private property, like many of our gravel roads in BC. The reason parts of the area are of a higher sensitivity is the elevation... growing season (think greenery recovery season) is much shorter up there because its under snow for 8-9 months of the year. A tire track through one of the meadows would take much longer to recover than it would across someone's lawn in Surrey. The trees are smaller and shorter the higher you go, yet they are much older than a tree of similar size at a lower elevation.

Steve604's description is a pretty good way to sum it up : "Drive where ever you want as long as it looks the same as before you drove in"

So in other words, go and rip up someones yard in surrey
    Better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.