97 tracker 4 door lift

97 tracker 4 door lift

I have asked a few people about lift kits for this beast, and now have three suggestions worth considering. I want a basic lift for better clearance and bigger tires, nothing extreme and no major rock climbing.

First is Big Country Customs - their kit is about $1500, or $2500 installed. Comments were that this is expensive.

Second is Altered Ego Motorsports in Kelowna, apparently less expensive and better quality. I have heard good things about their products.

Third is the Calmini kit, recommended by the mechanic who would be doing the install.

I appreciate any comments or recommendations as to which one to go with.

Thanks
    Sold the ford, retiring this id.
    Will post the new one soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: 97 tracker 4 door lift

for a basic lift for larger tires a simple set of spring spacers works great. altered ego makes them along with a couple other companies. with 2" spacers you can get 30x9.5r15's under it. you end up with about 3 inches more then stock.

the calmini kit is a joke. old news, it sags and compresses over time. Old man emu is another one, 2" lift, replacement struts (best ones available) and Awesome ride.
    the alter ego full lift kits are great too.

the spring spacers are an almost pure bolt in, couple hours in your driveway and its done. no need for a mechanic.

i for one went for a wrecker spring swap with alter ego spacers added to the rear to level it out, got over 3 inches of lift and shoved 31's under it. does everything i would want of it with very little cost.

I highly recommend Jeff (from zukiworld)

Really good product. Affordable. He has awesome customer service too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-COIL-LIFT-...03cc6c&vxp=mtr
    ***Trucks are BUILT not bought***
    XL-7 on tons ...
    www.crawlinbc.com

I second that jeff sells good stuff and I put mudchilds 2"body lift on both trackers I had they will run 30s no problems 31s with fender bending