BC 4x4 Forums banner

Access to Big Bar Ferry to Lilloet

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Chauncey 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, planning a trip next weekend and was looking on google earth at the Big Bar area west of Clinton, and was wondering if anyone has done it. I'd like to take the road from Jesmond west to the Big Bar ferry, and then cross it and take a road down to Lilloet. I guess my plans might be in jeopardy if the ferry is not working due to high water conditions at the time. But if it is, does that road that runs parallel to the river have public access all the way south to Lilloet? I know there is a couple reserves there, ranches, and other private lands, would I be screwing myself with an inaccessible path at the end of a long drive? And for those who have done it? How are the roads? Any hazards, or any things to look out for?

#4 ·
So I decided to take the Pavillion-Clinton Road, and then from Kelly Lake took Jesmond Road north. Amazing road, especially that Cougar Point view of the Fraser. The Big Bar Ferry was closed at that time. Beautiful area though, we saw a brown bear with her two cubs. As we stopped to take some photos the cubs raced up a 40 foot tree while she guarded from the ground, not budging an inch.

When we were coming back on that Pavillion-Clinton road I was thinking to take the Carson Mountain Road, but the road had a 'no entry' sign that was active since october (according to the sign) due to logging. I guess if the sign is there that is official, right? I'm a newbie so that might mean an obvious 'stay out' but wasn't 100% sure so I stayed clear.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.