Finally got a dutch oven, give me your recipes...

Finally got a dutch oven, give me your recipes...

So yeah, pretty excited about picking up a dutch oven. One of the ones with 3 legs and the taller lid with the lip to hold coals.

Got any good recipes?

I found this site; http://www.dutchovendude.com/default.shtml

Looks pretty good but most of the recipes use a lot of canned stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just feel like there's better recipes out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: Finally got a dutch oven, give me your recipes...

Two cups flour, two tablespoons baking powder, two tablespoons sugar, add enough water to make it into a dough. Cook till it tastes good.
    Professional Driver on a Closed Course. Do Not Attempt.

92 YJ. Its not Gord's anymore.

Personally I never get a dutch oven....I dutch oven her....hahahaha....sorry couldn't resist
    Monty

5. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Hehe yep, the wife and I have been making dutch oven jokes since I got it as well.

I'm looking forward to making some dough, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

A large meat pizza and case of beer. Cooking process starts the next morning.. grave digging starts in the afternoon. Clear the HOUSE!!!!
    Originally Posted by snacks
    once i figure out what to do for a career i will at least make $40 an hour i am sure so it's just a matter of time.

I use mine alla time...roast chicken and beef. Make desserts. Stews. Pulled pork. You can make bread, cakes...all kinds of good eats. I travel in a C rv, and use a mono-pod to wedge up against the oven door...put in my meal...and drive along, while it`s cooking. Long and slow is always the key.

I neglected to mention...one can also roast their own coffee beans. I have done it and it's a neat thing to play with. Ya gotta get some green beans first, a local roaster will sell to you. Then, into your Dutch oven over nice coals...and you have to stir constantly. I use a long-ish stick because the smoke will get you, bad. Stir, stir, stir....it'll take maybe 15 minutes...you don't want it too hot or it'll burn the oils. As the beans roast, they'll begin to darken. Pull the oven off the heat just before you see the beans getting as dark as you normally like to see....and keep stirring....that iron keeps the heat forever. Ya gotta get the beans out and cooling ASAP. Of course..you need to grind them after..I can run a grinder..and so could you..with a small inverter run thru your lighter/adapter.

Gary Haupt
    Last edited by GaryHaupt; April 17th, 2013 at 09:11 am. Reason: adding info

Check Out YouTube theres lots people showing how to cook & make Meals using the Dutch Oven