BC 4x4 Forums banner

Chevy Tracker vs Jeep Liberty

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  rez 
#1 ·
Which is the perferred machine between the Chevy Tracker and Jeep Liberty for say a 2002-2004?

#5 ·
Liberty has a regular 4wd transfer case. Rear drive until you engage 4wd then it's locked in
The liberty is basically a Cherokee with ifs. Both are solid weekend warrior platforms in my opinion. Gears and lockers the liberty has an advantage with, as Cherokee stuff fits. The tracker gets better milage, and I believe is more reliable on the small things. The liberty will out tow it however. The tracker, the front end is a little weak if you are planning on bigger than 30" tires.

#10 ·
For the price, screw the older trackers they are overpriced, gutless and not enough room. Been there owned them, put headers and high torque cam in them, still gutless.

2.0L / 2.5L and 2.7L is where its at. 99+ (key to the 2.5 and 2.7 are synthetic oil to keep the timing chain tensioner happy)

Don't be afraid of the automatics, they are a dream to wheel with :beer_cheers:

#15 · (Edited)
I own a '95 Suzuki Sidekick 4 door that has 144,000 plus miles on the odometer. I traded up from a '95 Tracker 2 door that had 194,000 plus on it when I sold it. It ran terrific. It sported a 2" suspension lift, rock sliders, 235-75-15 BFG KO tires and it was an offroad warrior. It was a bit slow on the hwy. But, as an all around DD it was terrific. I think a 02-4 with the larger engine would be great. MTG

#16 ·
Jeeps parts are much cheaper and Jeep has more power and all....
But for me if I wanna go to bush, first thing is Reliability. Last thing you want is something that you can relay on when you are in middle of no where.

So I stay with Japanese trucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.