20lb to 1lb refill coupler

20lb to 1lb refill coupler

Hey guys,

i like the convenience of the 1lb tanks but not the cost... i'm wondering if anyone here has used a coupler to refil the 1lb tanks from a 20lb tank, and whether or not you can use just any 1 lb tank to refill. Also, to get a hose from the 20lb tank to to the 1lb size (for my bbq, camp stove, lantern) is 35-40$. The coupler is approx. $20. Here is an example
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Pro...item4ab71a55f5

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: 20lb to 1lb refill coupler

google "refill disposable propane cylinders" and you will see lots of tutorials

Re: 20lb to 1lb refill coupler

Quote Originally Posted by 9ine View Post
    Hey guys,

i like the convenience of the 1lb tanks but not the cost... i'm wondering if anyone here has used a coupler to refil the 1lb tanks from a 20lb tank, and whether or not you can use just any 1 lb tank to refill. Also, to get a hose from the 20lb tank to to the 1lb size (for my bbq, camp stove, lantern) is 35-40$. The coupler is approx. $20. Here is an example
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Pro...item4ab71a55f5

Thanks!
    I have that same unit, paid $20 for it 20 years ago! they work good but you need to be careful not to overfill them as they will "vent" propane when they get warm (imagine your truck full of propane,nice bomb!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
    jeeps are like harleys. they are supper cool but no one knows why.