New Exhaust

Thread: New Exhaust

New Exhaust

I am preparing to put a 5" exhaust on my 90 Dodge Cummins. I want to use flex pipe to get around the transfer case without buying costly elbows. I have heard it is junk and will rot out in a year, my question is will it? Thanks guys
    90 Dodge Power Ram 5.9 cummins, 5 speed, HX35 12cm Exhaust Housing, Air bags, 4" exhaust, Home Grown/Headache Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 5" CAI, 3" Crossover, Pump Turned Up,Pyro and Boost Gauges

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: New Exhaust

Do it once do it right, that flex pipe looks haggard
    I am a Toyota Whore

you must remember flex pipe will continue to shift and move as it drives down the road with vibration, coupled with the multiple ridges on the inside of the pipe that will collect deposits and start to rust it out early.

why go with a 5 inch? past 4 inch you arnt getting much most kits arnt even 5 inch.

(most down pipes are 4 inch then open up to 5 once they get under the truck)

a nice 4 inch mandrel bent exhaust with a flo thru muffler would be all you would need.

That makes sense, Partly to say I made a 5" system for a 1st gen, heard they sound really sweet too.
    90 Dodge Power Ram 5.9 cummins, 5 speed, HX35 12cm Exhaust Housing, Air bags, 4" exhaust, Home Grown/Headache Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 5" CAI, 3" Crossover, Pump Turned Up,Pyro and Boost Gauges