BC 4x4 Forums banner

OBA compressor wanted

6K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  4Lo 
#1 ·
I am looking for an OBA compressor. I am looking for a Viar 400 c or similar. I only really need it to engage/ disengage my rear locker but if I can find one big enough to air up my tires that is a bonus.

Just seeing what is out there used before I go and buy a new unit.

Thanks

Steve.:beer_cheers:

#3 ·
Why does he sell them??

I found one on craigslist (a 400c), emailed the guy and his response was that it was sold. It is very annoying when people don't edit there ads to reflect what is sold and what isn't. I was all jacked up thinking I found one.

#4 ·
Hey Steve ... your inbox is full. To reply to the last PM, ...

... I've got the Viair extreme duty right now. Not a lot of CFM, but 100% duty cycle. Works well with my lockers and filling 35's. Slow to fill, but never failed. I gave away the 2.5 gallon steel tank and bougt a 5 gal aluminium. I'd be keeping the 5 gal tank for my new setup. I'll post up when I'm ready to sell, but it wont be until May earliest.

#17 ·
I bought a little Warn compressor for about $400 thinking it would be a good unit, but turned out to be a huge pile of shit. Blew the 50 amp fuse that I can't find a replacement for on the way to KOH last year, and needed it, so I jumped it with a piece of wire and only used it twice on light airing. Went to use it to air up my air bags and the motor cooked. Bought a $50 one from Greggs to replace it. We'll see how this one works, so far so good.

#21 ·
Thanks Cam. I am not sure which direction I want to go with this yet....how much for the york and which pulley does it have on it? I need to do this on a budget but it needs to last and be functional for my needs as well. The york would be the ticket but I am concerned with a belt driven system that it will rob me of engine power.

#26 ·
I have a flaw with my plans ... the VTC only puts out 100psi and restarts at 75 (I think). It won;t sustain 100psi for my lockers (or 90 for that matter). I'll need to keep the existing setup or at least one of the 2 Viair compressors. I bought the VTC to speed up filling tires. 20 minutes in pouring rain at the end of a long day is a pain. yeah yeah "pussy". LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.