2 inch lift on my smart car AND bigger tires - Page 5

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    More fodder for the masses:

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/top...h-lifted-cars/

That URL will take you to some nice pictures of lifted 'cars', although a couple are actually very capable wheelers....
    2008 smart fortwo with 2" Daystar lift and 185/65/15 tires, Scangauge II, Area451 cruise control, Forge Motorsports TIK intake in electric blue
    1999 Grand Vitara (one of 15 Suzuki's I've owned)
    Get a Scangauge II with Performance Monitor at: http://www.100mpg.ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Uh, yeah, Mercedes is the parent. But they are built in France (Hambach, on the German border).

Here's a picture of a lifted diesel:

Different company making that kit. You can read more about that here.

My original interest to lift my own smart was inspired by a guy from the Island:

You can read about his experiences here. He used the same kit as I did, but it required a bit of work to make it doable on his older body style. (the diesel is a 450, the gassers are a 451, in smartese) He really had to get the installer to space out the front panels/fender to get the tire size of choice to work.

I orignally was not going to use 185/65/15 like he did, but after musing about it for a few weeks, decided to go for it.

And no, I won't be listing my 155/60/15 tires in the for sale listings here at bc4x4!
    2008 smart fortwo with 2" Daystar lift and 185/65/15 tires, Scangauge II, Area451 cruise control, Forge Motorsports TIK intake in electric blue

Re: 2 inch lift on my smart car AND bigger tires

Please toss this thread in the Chit Chat shit area

Quote Originally Posted by 69rd96 View Post
    Some people buy sports cars to make others think they have a massive penis, and then there are some who buy smart cars and make people think they actually have a penis.
    Well apparently I have balls, and since you're giving me the shaft, I must be fully macho down there.

An example of a modified Smart

74/77-Bronco Half-Cab... junk...
    97 LX450

That is a picture I have never seen before..... thank you! Some fancy photoshopping.....

Somewhere though, I do have a photo of a smart converted to a farm utility with tracks....

Quote Originally Posted by kimosawboy View Post
    Please toss this thread in the Chit Chat shit area
    Or, why not the 'Projects' forum? There is a 2wd build on the first page last time I looked.

That is awesome Zuuk - I can think of all the caches you could go get in it now.. We just put a 1 inch lift in the civic for when I take it up 18 KM Whipsaw when he has the jeep.. next up in another hockey puck lift to give me a bit more clearance..

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
    Just so we are clear here.....

Attention 4Lo, kore, 69rd96, J20, dOubledown and crazyguy. Most of you have a piss poor reputation on this board. Bet you didn't know.
    Awe man! Woke up late and didn't make the team!
    83 Toyota 4x4 in process, scattered in pieces across the garagemahal! Link http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=141969

Well, I hope the car will do some nice travel on the main FSR. I need to get a set of those air down valves to make the job easier. I've yet to pick out my summer tires... I have wheels already though.

There was a fair comment about tranny issues. The smart has a manual transmission and electronically controlled clutch, not some weird automatic or CVT. If I could re-gear the car, that would be interesting. The lifted one is a 5 speed, whereas the diesel is a 6 speed. I need to get flyingtiger.ca to do a clutch relearn at some point (I have 45,000 kms on the car)... I've already swapped out the OEM fluid for some Redline GL4 75w90...

I'm going to look for a better picture than this, but there are some fairly respectable and off-road worthy smart conversions out there:

I'm into that kind of idea... a convertible would be the way to go for sure.

Who knows... maybe one day I will build a trail only smart....

I saw this thread before anyone posted anything and knew it was going to turn into a pissing match...
    I am a Toyota Whore

Maybe most of you are to young to remember the VW Bug...Rear wheel drive, flat floor, maybe 50hp, those things went like stink off road...

So why not hop up a Smart Car? Shit if it has a Locker it is as 4x4 as most the posters on this site.

Personally, I am just happy it is not another 350 V8 Dana60 rig...seen that done that....

obviously ive missed out on some fun here, had to work and such...
    just because you can doesnt mean its a good idea .ive run the fraser canyon enough times to know that its a battle field out there and the more visible and defensive against the heavy-duty traffic you are the better. seen enough accidents, seen enough wrecked trucks, talked to enough drivers. shit happens out there, and in the case of being a flea sized dot on a mirror... you get the idea...
    was just stating that to a truck your car may be mistaken as a snow ball, possibly even a snow flake. drive defensively, dont take risks, because i dont want to have to scrape your brain matter off the next truck or trailer that comes into my shop.
    what do those fraser canyon pot holes feel like in a smart car? im not bugging you because i thought i was a girl until i grew a pube, it just doesnt seem like a practical vehicle for driving to prince george in the winter, never mind my penile length to thickness ratio and my rusty old worthless truck.. its DIESEL and its PAID FOR
    98 Dodge Ram 4x4, 12v Cummins, BD Exhaust. stock for now upgrades soon!
    89 Toyota 4runner, 4" SAS, 2L-T Intercooled Diesel, Bumpers and Sliders, e-lockers, 35" MTR'S!
    85 Toyota longbox trailer
    88 Toyota ma70 supra 1jz twin turbo swap

You know, I worked for CPX and Vankam, and whenever someone said to me 'I wouldn't want to get by a semi in that car', I would reply 'Let me know what you would like to be hit in, and I will arrange a demonstration'. The smart can't be seen out there? It's got better lights than most 10 year old vehicles, trucks or otherwise.

I did the Canyon in winter 2010/11 with a 2005 Volvo S40 FWD.... I'm sure the smart can handle it.

The Canyon is one of the easiest parts of the drive... it's 100 Mile that gets really cold and blowy.... I'm not going to be driving in a snow storm.... I can adjust my schedule accordingly. I'm sure a lot of shorter (by almost a foot) Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas sit it out too....

I've seen the carnage. I've been on duty and had to advise the owner of a trucking company someone was dead. I drive to the conditions...

Anyway, made it to West Lake outside of PG in 8 hours driving time tonight, averaged 93 kmh, and I slow down for every little town.

Now, about that diff lock....

X2 being hit by a semi really smart car or 1 ton not much difference.....Plus centre of gravity really plays a roll in staying on the highway, so lifted trucks suck on highways in the winter.... Ever spin a empty pickup?