BC 4x4 Forums banner

Help! Suzuki Sidekick Acceleration Problem.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jarrat 
#1 ·
I brought in my 94 16v sidekick to get a head gasket replaced and it was running fine. A couple days later I noticed that something is misfiring at light throttle while accelerating and coasting. It idles fine usually and at full throttle it is normal. In between it is running really rough. I switched out the cap and rotor, wires and spark plugs. Anyone else experience this or know what it could be???

Thanks for you help.

#4 ·
How is it running rough? Is it accelerating like you have a warped tire, missing completly and back firing, or just bogging when you accelerate?

I'm having a small issue that I've been trying to figure out for the last year with my truck... it accelerates like I have a warped tire.... That is the best way i can describe it.... no codes, plugs all look excatly the same, changed out all the coil packs, injector cleaner, new air filter, plugs, fuel filter, checked timing, cam sensor adjusting, ect..... still... having the same issue... its not a huge noticable thing, but I notice it and its not always doing it, which bugs me the most.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.