BC 4x4 Forums banner

LOOKING FOR ABANDONED SITES OR BUILDINGS

12K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  mud-dog27 
#1 ·
I'm looking to explore somewhere close to the lower mainland, maybe something along the lines of Britiania/Mt. Sheer don't mind some long driving as long as I can do a round trip in a day. Some old buildings with a bit of history :help:

#4 ·
Have you already done Britannia? I'm looking for someone to roll with, gotta get up there and explore some more areas soon. And see the main stuff that is pictured in the write-ups. I find the most interesting part of Britannia is the main concentrator building, they dont let tours up the steep ass stairs but I've been up there when I was working there and explored almost all of it. There's way way way way way more than you can possibly see or even imagine up there!

Other than that... everything else is urban, unless that's what you want. There's Riverview, but it's mostly alarmed now. And there's the old Buntzen power house up Indian Arm, only by boat and probably alarmed too (but still cool to check out).

#5 ·
The power staion at buntzen I have been in side of. When I used to work for my father years ago we had to go there for bc hydro. you can get to it from buntzen lake down the paved road ( walk in only unless you have the key) last year from my boat I saw them doing lots of work on it.

#7 ·
There's two power houses, are you talking about the one that faces south (eg you can see it when you are in Anmore)? I didn't see a road to it since the cliff face wraps right around!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.