BC 4x4 Forums banner

my first rollover recovery

13K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  86tuning 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, my bud rolled his 86 pickup when backing down a rock face. Got tippy, then on it's side, then roof.

The recovery was fun. Our theme of the day was SAFETY FIRST.

Gear used:
m8000 winch, 3/8 amsteel rope
ebay 20k snatchblock
some 2x6 for the actual rollover manoeuver
and a turfer jack to keep the truck from sliding further down the hill while we slid it backwards

Also brought the mall crawler along for fits and shiggles, and as an anchor vehicle.

On the way there to get it. Gotta get out to self-spot

EZ does 'er

The Mall Crawler on the same rock

Rigging a roll-over stick for a safer continuous pull.

Special thanks to Billavista for this handy trick

Re-rigging to set it on it's feet. Tires are chocked to keep the truck from rolling away while rolling over

The roof. Not enough headroom to drive back yet.

Have Hi-Lift, will do ghettofab bodywork and window frame repairs

Not bad eh

Checking fluids, using compressed air to help clear out the chambers

Anybody want to buy some parts? Haha.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah the truck's a write off. Parting it out this week.

My buddy got a good lump on his head when he undid the seatbelt buckle. Need 2 hands, to slack the buckle slightly because he was upside-down. Then Gravity took over.

Injuries only to truck and pride.

#4 ·
the only rollerover recovery ive done was a 6 door ford on its side... needed anouther jeep, mine was too light haha

good work on being safe, the more people post of "safe" winching, it teaches others the safe procedures, so when they are out and come across a simular situation they know the right thing to do :)

when I flipped my jeep I used one arm to prop myself up to undo the seatbelt, didnt wack my head :D lol

#9 ·
you guys realize that that post was 2 years old right?

#13 ·
I did own it for a while.
The flat deck was nice, but being the one that biult it, there where a few things wrong.
I would have bought this truck back when it was offered back to me, but I was in college. Did it end up gettin parted? I got the perfect place for that deck if it still exists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.