Exploring the Britannia Mine and Mt. Sheer Town Site - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Exploring the Britannia Mine and Mt. Sheer Town Site

thanx van bc guy. i just thought maybe it had a gate up now. no i dont think i will be getting far now with no chains or lockers. but it sounds very cool. maybe with my pops sled!!!!
    1990 yj 44/14bolt geared spooled rear

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dirtymudbeer View Post
    thanx van bc guy. i just thought maybe it had a gate up now. no i dont think i will be getting far now with no chains or lockers. but it sounds very cool. maybe with my pops sled!!!!
    Don't quote me on saying that the gate's still open like it was last year, but it's worth a try. It's an amazing area.

If you do get up there, take the left fork when you get to the first split if you want to go up where we were. Taking the right fork leads you somewhere else cool that I haven't had time to explore yet. But maybe someone will pop in and post up where that takes you and what you'd find.

the gate is open and then closed on whatever whimsical fantacy whomever has a key decides.

It's just as likely to be closed as it is to be open. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind closing it or opening it is for that matter, either way you best go there with a backup plan in mind....

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    the gate is open and then closed on whatever whimsical fantacy whomever has a key decides.

It's just as likely to be closed as it is to be open. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind closing it or opening it is for that matter, either way you best go there with a backup plan in mind....
    I was hoping you'd see this thread & post something Jarl. You seem to know the most about that area out of all of us.

Hope all's well & to see you out there somewhere soon.

Jarod.

Found some cool little trails up Furry creek last weekend. Just wide enough for the samurai to fit without pinstriping. I was turned around at a washout that would have been a cake walk for your jeep and mildly challanging for my samurai.

slurry! thats right slurry not south surrey or north surrey right in the sh!t filled heart

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    Found some cool little trails up Furry creek last weekend. Just wide enough for the samurai to fit without pinstriping. I was turned around at a washout that would have been a cake walk for your jeep and mildly challanging for my samurai.
    dont you love a swb!

yesterday yet again i was getting razzed about being a 6foot 3 250 pound guy in a samurai.
    the old guy in question drove a v12 triton, "why dont you just buy a real truck"

"sigh" just keep thinking about the time last season when 2 guys in a "F.A.T"
    (that stands for "fat ass truck") said "you seen any bears" sure i said.
    they jumped asking "where! where!" somewhere your truck cant go...
    "why the hell not?" your trucks wayy to long and far too wide for the quad trail.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OZfsroATI4

one way to paint your 4x4 whit and definitly somthing that woud not happin in a suzuki samurai!

just weeks after reading about Britannia and exploring parts of furry creek. thinking this is going to be a great local spot to 4x4. i see this http://www.globaltvbc.com/chinese+de...058/story.html
    51 Powerwagon, 52 M37, 53 M37, 53 M43. 68 Datsun 510 4dr, 69 Datsun 2dr, 71 Datsun wagon

There goes the neighborhood.

Well... lets home nothing happens for a bit. I wanted to do some summer exploring. The girlfriend and I spent all of a saturday exploring two weekends ago, and barely scratched the surface.

The snowline turned us back way before the mines
    busted knuckles and empty wallets.

http://alanabertini.com/FileUploads%...ture_Sheet.pdf

In that link there is a photo showin all the sold parcels. The closest one at the top of the hill does not cover or block the FSR in anyway(the FSR is not even visable in the photo). It does cover the hydro access north of the FSR, I dont think there is anything to worry about wih this. There is alot of timber being pulled out of Furrey and Brittania drainages as well so there will always be a road Plenty of more exploring to do up there this summer. I was up to the basin a few times last summer but did not continue up past it. Does any one know the condition of the road up past Jane Basin?(obviously with no snow). I also walked for a few hundred feet up the old road towards the 2 lakes but it looks as though most was washed away when they made the "slight" error in the blast of the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy9H3r View Post
    http://alanabertini.com/FileUploads%...ture_Sheet.pdf

In that link there is a photo showin all the sold parcels. The closest one at the top of the hill does not cover or block the FSR in anyway(the FSR is not even visable in the photo). It does cover the hydro access north of the FSR, I dont think there is anything to worry about wih this. There is alot of timber being pulled out of Furrey and Brittania drainages as well so there will always be a road Plenty of more exploring to do up there this summer. I was up to the basin a few times last summer but did not continue up past it. Does any one know the condition of the road up past Jane Basin?(obviously with no snow). I also walked for a few hundred feet up the old road towards the 2 lakes but it looks as though most was washed away when they made the "slight" error in the blast of the dam.
    This is an old link as I understand the developer has purchased all those lots and as I see it the FSR entrance is in the centre of lot 13 and also cuts through the top right corner of lot 12. :/

yeah you are right that is the fsr in the middle if lot 13. who knows what will happen. I would think that would be the last area to be developed but you never know. perhaps they will reroute the fsr or have a gate at the end of whatever neighbourhood will be there. only time will tell, in reality how well do we think a 4000 person neighbourhood will do in the makin lands, considering all the land for sale in britania beach that has sat unsold for years. next time i am at my gf's work i will ask the person in charge of fsr's for the slrd what they plan on doing.

ok so i asked my gf what the deal is and she will check at work on monday with the roads guys. as far as she knows there is alot of "industrial" work happening up furry and britannia creek as they are starting to re-harvest the 2nd growth timber in the area. this is good for us since they will have to maintain access to the road. as well access to "parts unknown" needs to be maintained, whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy9H3r View Post
    ok so i asked my gf what the deal is and she will check at work on monday with the roads guys. as far as she knows there is alot of "industrial" work happening up furry and britannia creek as they are starting to re-harvest the 2nd growth timber in the area. this is good for us since they will have to maintain access to the road. as well access to "parts unknown" needs to be maintained, whatever that means.
    so has anyone heard anything about the state of the roads or if they have been blocked off?
    Current Project: 1992 chevy S10 stock everything...for now

Quote Originally Posted by garethrdbrown View Post
    so has anyone heard anything about the state of the roads or if they have been blocked off?
    The gates are usually locked.