Padova city/ Tranquille farms - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Padova city/ Tranquille farms

http://www.tranquille.ca/history.html found this website about the place
    Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
    Cut a branch to use to distract your buddy, then taser him while he's idling in gear in front of the gate. 50,000 volts oughta make him slam his truck through the gate quick enough... LR

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting that link.

...lars
    Too Much Driver For Car

New here. Saw this thread and thought I would contribute. I live near Tranquille or Padova and I must say it's one hell of a place. I used to go in there a few years back and infiltrated the property. The only advice I can give you is to go at night because it is under security and recently crawling with restoration personal. If you do end up finding the tunnels be careful there is still alot of asbestos in the walls and ceilings. Enter from the far north west end and make you way up to the main street where you will approach many of the doctors houses. I find them to be the creepiest.

Apart from this place being an abandoned facility with very interesting historical significance, the property where it sits is at the mouth of the Tranquille River. This river is the birthplace of the gold rush in British Columbia and if you venture past Padova and follow up the same road it will eventually follow the river all the way up to abandoned gold mines and a place called Watching Creek where gold panning is limited to Pan and shovel only. There is still alot of gold in this river.

For the more adventurous if you continue to follow the criss creek rd it eventually meets up with Vidette which is another old gold mining town with a rich history and a recent one as well.
    Buddhist monks have declared the foot hills above the Vidette gold mine the Centre of the Universe. More Info HereThere is also a beautiful 120ft water fall. The gravel road eventually loops back to Highway 1 just 40KM west of Kamloops on the opposite end of the Lake where you started off.

Its a great loop with endless forestry roads and epic countryside.

Here is a picture of my 95 4runner overlooking Padova as it is today on the Tranquille/Criss Creek Rd.

I've been inside the place twice and echo Night Crawlers words. Not only is there security, but several of the buildings have alarms. The caretaker wasn't the most the kindest of people when I met him. He also called the police. Luckily they passed me when i was driving away so by the time they got to the farm i was long gone. This place is shut up and being let to rot. I think the plan is to just hope all the building turn into rubble so they don't have to get permits to tear them down.\

For the past ten years it's been a will they won't they on the demolition/development side. In this economy (therefore a lack of American investors) I sincerely doubt it. While it's possible to poke in and peak around it is not a 4x4 trip. It's a get in and get out without being seen. Definitely an Erie place though.

Is it still there? Im wanting to borrow a Dslr from my school and head up for some night photography. Is sneaking onto the property doable? I have night vision goggles etc.

Fascinating reading, it would be some serious fun to poke around there, even for a guy like me I would want to see the entire farm and structures, how that staved silo is still standing must be divine intervention, they only last 30 years.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96

I live about 5 minutes from Tranquille/Padova city, There is security on site and as far as I know a couple of the older houses have been renovated and are rented out.
    I wouldn't waste my time going there for a look, but the drive to vidette and criss creek area is a nice drive.

When i was out there this summer I had my first close encounter with a rattlesnake. Scared the sh*t out of me how noisy and how fast they are!
    My buddys uncle used to hay out there and was telling storys about how the bales of hay would sometimes have parts of the snakes sticking out of them but unable to move being wound up so tight.
    That's creepy enough for me!
    I wouldn't bother trespassing and risk getting charged going out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 64krusty View Post
    I live about 5 minutes from Tranquille/Padova city, There is security on site and as far as I know a couple of the older houses have been renovated and are rented out.
    I wouldn't waste my time going there for a look, but the drive to vidette and criss creek area is a nice drive.
    That is a nice drive. Also suggest taking a right west of tranquile valley sub (at the sign that says wendego lodge) taking that crossover road and meeting up with sawmill fsr and touring up that way. You will meet up with the JoeRoss road and then the 3800 haul road that leads into Chasm.

Sorry for bumping a somewhat old thread, but does anybody know if Padova/Tranquille is still accessible?
    I'd love to take a trip up to Kamloops to check it out, but I don't want to get up there just to find out it's been closed off / demo'd / reno'd...
    If it's not accessible, does anybody know of any similar places that aren't too far of a drive from the lower mainland? I'm thinking of at most a 5 hour drive away...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandonc View Post
    Sorry for bumping a somewhat old thread, but does anybody know if Padova/Tranquille is still accessible?
    I'd love to take a trip up to Kamloops to check it out, but I don't want to get up there just to find out it's been closed off / demo'd / reno'd...
    If it's not accessible, does anybody know of any similar places that aren't too far of a drive from the lower mainland? I'm thinking of at most a 5 hour drive away...
    Thanks
    I was up there last year, at and it was all locked up.. We were able to drive up to the fence and take some pictures and up the hill to get a view of the whole place. But no legal access. It looked they were doing some work as there was machines on the grounds. You might be able to talk with someone during the week, or on the weekend if they still have a caretaker.
    HTH
    Ryan
    '88 MJ - D44's, 5.89's, Dual T-Cases, 36's - Trail Rig
    '97 Dodge Cummins Rocket - Tow Rig
    www.HOT4x4.ca
    The closest a Man gets to Perfection, is on a job application !

Check out the link! We just did the guided tour today and it was awesome. They have a farmers market every weekend. Seems like they have lots planned for the place.

http://tranquillefarmfresh.ca/historical-guided-tours/
    07 Ford F150 lariat screw.