Looking for lift for my 99 f250 v10

Looking for lift for my 99 f250 v10

Hey im looking around for the best suspension lift for the best price for my 99 f250 v10 (it is the first version of the 99's). Talked to a guy at NSOR and he suggested BDS since they have Lifetime Warranty on all of the lift parts even if it is my fault that they brake. He quoted me at $2000+ for a 6" and 8" lift. Since it is a v10 it doesnt seem like there are very many choices. What do you guys think?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: Looking for lift for my 99 f250 v10

hey do you guys think these would fit? I found them on craigslist.

http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/pts/1705829135.html

the only difference between lift kits as far as engine sizes go is the spring rates according to weight. the v10 isn't much heavier than a v8 so i would just go with those. if anything it will ride a little softer.

do yourself a favour and get a kit with an adjustable trac-bar so you can center the axle properly.

when i lifted mine i just happened to come across a lifted excursion at a wrecker. i bought the front leafs, trac bar and shocks for $300.

you could also use a diesel lift kit if you find one used. depending on the manufacturer you be able to just pull a leaf out of the spring packs to compensate for the lack of weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmax
    hmmm. i ment to say its awsome
    '04 Taco TRD 4X4 v6 5spd- official truck of the taliban

Most of the lift kit mfg's give the V-10 and diesel Super Duty's the same leafs, and the V8's get their own.

You found the leaf springs on Craigslist, so good luck with finding all the other components there.
    Chris B
    (AKA, $h!t disturber, egotistical know it all, fiscally ignorant, a dick, a blasphemer, thread de-railer)

Thanks for the comments guys. That would be awesome if I could find a lift at a wreckers for $300.

all you really need for 6" of lift is shocks, springs and a track bar or track bar bracket. longer sway bar links would also be needed but you don't really need a sway bar in that truck.

check the wreckers in vernon, kamloops, kelowna and enderby. the wreckers up there seem to buy more of these kinds of trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by steve604 View Post
    all you really need for 6" of lift is shocks, springs and a track bar or track bar bracket. longer sway bar links would also be needed but you don't really need a sway bar in that truck.

check the wreckers in vernon, kamloops, kelowna and enderby. the wreckers up there seem to buy more of these kinds of trucks.
    And brake lines.. and maybe an extension for the steering.. Id just grab the parts off CL there and then find the rest, shouldnt be hard at all.. Price out shocks and brake lines first to make sure itll even be worth it..

Edit: http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?1...edtion-leather
    08 Ram 1500 - Leveling Kit, CAI, Magnaflow Cat Back, 3" Body Lift, Buncha Random Lights!!
    Broncos gone, I need to buy a new 4x4!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg82 View Post
    A plow is never a waste, Everyone with a 4x4 should have a Zombie Killing Plow.

Ya I just looked into that and its not a bad price. The only problem is there are are two different kits for the 99's and im not sure why. I think it might just be the U bolts that are different. Looks like I would also need to lengthen my driveshafts too. So the leafs 1250, plus shocks maybe 350-400 cheapest, brake lines maybe 200 and lengthened drive shafts which I have no clue how much they would cost. All of it maybe $2000 not bad I guess seeing as a BDS "8 kit with no brake lines or driveshafts go's for $2000 base price. What do you guys think? I really appreciate the advice guys kinda new at all this.
    Last edited by adlofting; April 26th, 2010 at 03:15 pm.

the stock brakelines on my 2000 were plenty long even after did the big cheese lift on it.

driveshafts were also long enough too. those trucks don't flex much so you don't need a foot of slack and pretty stainless steel brakelines.

all i used to lift the front here was springs, shackles and an adjustable track bar with no drop bracket. as you can see in the picture, there was no need for a track bar drop bracket because the tie-rod and track bar were lined up pretty close.

one thing my truck did have that i think might have been rare was a flanged output on the transfer case with a cv driveshaft. this might have allowed for that much lift without having to get the rear driveshaft re-done. the front was definitely long enough with a very badly downturned pinion angle and this much lift. i think most of the super duties came with a slip yoke out put on the t-case which might mean that you need a longer driveshaft made. i still doubt it though. i'm pretty sure 10" was the amount of lift on these trucks before needing driveline modifications.

one thing i would have done differently to lift it is use the factory shackles in the front and make some taller spring mounts at the front to give it that little bit more lift.

Cool that helps a lot. Are those 37's you got on there? they look a lot smaller. If thats what 6" looks like with 37's I dont think id want 10" with 35's. I took some pictures of my steering system but im not sure how to upload photos. For some reason my steering doesnt have the dampener.

yest those were 37x12.5-16 TSL radials.

i think my lift might have been a little more than 6". i had 4" lift springs and the extended shackles which i think made it somewhere around 7"

for the rear i had new '06 f350 leaf springs and two 4" blocks stacked undeneath. (yes i was a bad block stacker)

you don't want more lift than i had on my truck. it was a bitch to drive and killed my back getting in and out and driving it. (it was a 5 spd)

i my picture of the steering the damper is just clamped to the drag link on one side and i can't remember how it was attached on the other side. you should be able to find the parts at a wrecker to install one.

i hit a rock one time on a squamish area fsr at the begining of a trip and bent the stabilizer so bad it jammed my steering up. i removed it and drove without it for the rest of the rough 2 day trip and i didn't notice much of a difference with it missing. i think the main reason they put them into lift kits is to look cool.

Ya I agree. I think those 10" springs would be way too big. I would need to put huge tires on it or it would look ridiculous. Guess ill keep looking. I want to post some pics of the truck right now but I cant seem to figure out how without giving them an ip address. How do you post pics?

It was raining so I didnt get very good pictures but here it is.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]