BC 4x4 Forums banner

past 2 week ends wheelin

11K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  rez 
#1 ·
just a couple of guys out having some fun

See less See more
#4 ·
I am amazed every time I take mine out. I watch the guys in front and think to my self holly S@&t we're going up or down that? having a buggy sure has made stepping up to the next level ALOT of fun

#11 ·
Have put a new pedal on it and throttle body so eliminated those. Throwing a code for TPS. I am currently thinking its a tune problem, but we will see.

Wait until I get it running, cause I'm really going to take out my frustrations on that LS2!!!!

#14 ·
2006 Trailblazer SS motor, 2006 Impala computer with 2006 GTO tune modified with HP tuners, Turbo 350 but full manual and not set up in computer. Trailblazer SS DDBW pedal. Code I am getting is p2138 and the gas pedal is doing nothing. I am at the point that I'm pretty sure something in the computer is toast. Tried new pedal and new throttlebody.

#15 ·
I don't have a trailblazer manual handy but the generic P2138 code is "P2138 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" / "E" Voltage Correlation". Thats a wiring or pedal problem. The computer won't recognize the pedal until it's fixed. Since you've swapped out pedals I'd assume a wiring problem. We tore through that harness pretty well so I'm a bit confused. We should take another look at the pinout for the pedal harness and see if a wire is switched (we messed around with that stuff a lot).

#16 ·
I have gone through the locations of the harness pins repeatedly and it is fine. Last night even checked the resistance per the DTC for the p 2138 I found on ls2.com and that is fine. Only thing it can be now is in the computer.

#19 ·
No bent connectors. Have researched and the 2006 GTO and 2006 Trailblazer show essentiall the same wiring in regards to the pedal set up. 2 app sensors and 2 TPS. The app sensors read as they should with one starting at low volatage and going up and the other starting high and going down.

Two things I see. One, is when reading the voltage on app sensor 2 with a voltage meter that graphs there is what looks like interference under the voltage line. I.e. solid line at 3.84 V with grey vertical lines and bars underneath. I this is coming directly out of the computer.

Secondly, I don't know if this is how it is suppose to work, but one TPS starts at 21% and the other starts at 0 % when the pedal is in the unpushed position, as you push it the second one catches up until they are both equal at 99%.

FYI, I have swapped the pedal for a new on already.

#20 ·
Since you are throwing a TPS corrolation code I wouldn't worry to much about what you see with the APP.. The computer isn't working the throttle because it sees a problem with the tps circuits not the app circuits... how were the app voltage readings taken??

The TPS readings was that from the computer with a scan tool plugged in??? it looks like you need to do pin out voltage tests on the tps circuits... one tps starting at 21% and the other at 0% itsn't right...

#21 ·
app voltages were taken at on the back side of the plug at the pedal and on the harness just after it leaves the computer.

TPS readings were from the scan tool plugged into the obd port. How are the tps readings suppose to read. The scan tool had said something about tps two is suppose to be 50% of tps one but that doesn't make sense.

#25 ·
You have to test TPS voltage sweeps with a lab scope..You can use anything for testing the static voltage at idle and WOT but you wont be able to test the actual sweep voltage with out a lab scope.. you'll be looking for either 0.5V- 1.0V at idle to 3.8V - 4.5V at WOT on 1 line.. the other TPS line will either be the same or it'll be 3.8V-4.5V at idle and down to 0.5V - 1.0V at closed throttle... with the scan data you have mentioned you have I suspect you might find it idle you'll have high voltage on the circuit you are throwing the code for... If you do have high voltage on that line at idle you'll have to trace down why.. where abouts are you located??

#27 ·
The scanner we used had that ability. One TPS started down low and went up and the other started at 3.84 V and went down. Back to what I posted earlier, the 3.84 V one had a solid live at 3.84 V but underneath showed some faded gray vertical lines and bars which I believe indicates some sort of interference. It comes directly out of the computer this way.

#28 ·
Was it the snap on modus? did you guys have your filters turned on? I am to the point unless you can get me snap shots or movies or come out to lend a hand its getting hard to help... If it was the snap on modus if you take a movie, save the file and upload it to your computer and email it to me I have the softwear at work to look at it...

#29 ·
Buddy brought his snap on modus. I assume the filter was turned on cause the other sensor didn't show the same thing. He took the snap on with him so I don't have a the ability to save the file. What do you do for work anyway? If you are offering to come and have a look yourself I would probably take you up on it as I'm waaaay beyond my knowledge base now. Either that or I could even put it on a trailer and bring to you. We are heading to the Silverstate 300 this weekend so wouldn't be able to do anything until late next week.

#30 ·
When my throttle quits working, I just steal a string from the hood of my jacket and drive it back to camp with a hand throttle. Does any of this help?:poke:

I'm contemplating hitting LKQ in Springville on the way down depending on our timing. Check to see if they have a computer too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.