BC 4x4 Forums banner

Re-arching leaf springs?

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  another dent 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I have got some pretty flat stock leaf springs in my yj and dont really have the cash to buy new ones and heard somewhere that you can have your leaf springs rearched. Has anyone had this done? How long did they last and does anyone know where I can get this done.
Thanks a million!

#2 ·
Yep, it can be done. I did it to my Comanche rear springs years ago. I wanted 4" of lift. So they re-arched the original 4-leaf pack and then added 2 extra add-a-leafs.
They lasted for years, but was a stiff ride because of it being a 6-pack now.
I think it cost me about $100-$150 per side, and I had it done at a place in Langley on the by-pass.

HTH
Ryan

#11 ·
I re-arched my springs 3 years ago, at the time the jeep was sitting so low it was sad. The guy told me all he could do for a lift was back to stock height plus approx 2-3 inches.I'm sure the bill was around 600 bones they only added one leaf ,but I would deff buy a 4'' lift if u can get one for as cheap as the others said.I got to rammy and didn't shop around at all ,I figured that was the cheapest way to go,one day I'll make a good decision :shakehead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.