BC 4x4 Forums banner

U-haul 10' cube vans?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  83LB 
#1 ·
Has anybody bought or brought over one of those 10' toyota cube vans that were built for U-haul in the U.S. in 89-90? Did they build them for U-haul Canada too?
What did you think of it?

I'm thinking about replacing my 86.

Thanks

#2 ·
I’ve been watching for one of these too! One thing to be aware of, if your importing it, it will have to go through the inspection before being able to license here in BC… You would have to find a good one, not the usual beat to death ones you usually find. (typical U-Haul) also I think even the CND. Ones are licensed in AZ. (something to do with fleet costs)

I’m happy with my 89 Dolphin RV and it sits on the same frame and wheelbase of those… The V6 is nice, but like all 3L they use too much gas and don’t really give you the passing power… but the 5VZ-FE does bolt right in… (One day I’m going to try this!)

I’m thinking of selling my work truck (95 Tacoma with a flat deck) and buying a Toyota dually flat deck work truck… Lots for sale in the US. I just did a quick craigslist search..
http://denver.craigslist.org/car/608086542.html - Nice!

Hope it helps!

A.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.