BC 4x4 Forums banner

305 wont bolt up to my th350 ?????

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  rockcrusher21 
#1 ·
305 wont bolt up to my th350 ?????

any one know why ? it came out of a 87 caprice it was a 305 what will work

#6 ·
both motor and trans are out of the vehicle so its not the angle the alingment pins go on no problem but only the two bolts below the pins line up nothing else, abd the space between the torque converter and ring gear is about and inch seems to be to much, I thought 305s were the same as 350? the trans is from a blazer so it should work

#10 ·
The 305 is out of one vehicle and the 350 TH is from the Blazer, no?
Was the donor Blazer by any chance a V-6?
Basically every Chevy small block V-8 bolts to any Chevy small block tranny.
The same can't be said for V6 options, or "GM" applications (Buick-Olds-Pontiac).
And these days there are other variations with FWD applications.

It used to be so simple ....

#12 ·
the space between the torque and the flex plate is not a problem. Just pull it close and bolt er up. The torque has to click 4 times when youre putting it into the tranny. One click short and the bellhousing won't line up. If its in right and all the way back there's a gap. It sounds like you have a "GM" variation like an olds. Are you looking for 2wd or 4wd output?
the quickest way to ID the tranny is by the oil pan. Th350 is square but with an angle on the rear left corner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.