Dish soap in the gas tank, what to do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dish soap in the gas tank, what to do?

Ok so I have a little problem, might be a big one not overly sure yet.

Someone broke the door of my gas tank and dumped dishsoap into my gas tank. I know who it is but right now can't do anything about it. Due to the fact it's a never ending circle in which would only make things worse right now. He knows where I live, and I like my stuff.

So I drove to work today and after being at work for 2 hours found my gas door broken with no gas cap on, as well as soap all around the filler.

I drained the tank replaced the gas filter put fresh gas in and it never lasted more then 5 mins before it died. Never found any gel or soap in or around the drained gas. Nothing in the fuel filter either.

What have some of you guys done im sure it's happened to at least a few or us with soap, sugar or WHY.

Rob
    93 Limited/SAS/37x13.5/4:88/8" Lift/8000lb Winch/Locked F+R/Sliders

When entering a 4-way stop the truck with the BIGGEST tires has the right of way!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: Dish soap in the gas tank, what to do?

This goes beyond being a prank in my books. But how you deal with the purp is up to you.

I have never had it happen to me. However, I think you will need to drop your tank and get it cleaned. Also, you will need to flush gas through your fuel lines to get out any residue.
    Mine -- 1991 LWB Nissan Safari (AKA GQ Patrol / Y60)
    Her's -- 1992 LWB Nissan Safari

VA7CFS

... "Even on board computers can't compensate for stupidity." GG

shoot him
    93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 33" baja claws and a bunch of other stuff.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 3.8l supercharged V6, performance computer, shift kit. ~260-270HP

Quote Originally Posted by canucksafari View Post
    This goes beyond being a prank in my books. But how you deal with the purp is up to you.

I have never had it happen to me. However, I think you will need to drop your tank and get it cleaned. Also, you will need to flush gas through your fuel lines to get out any residue.
    This is what i'm figuring, going into work today to drop the tank and whatever else I neeed to do. This was not a prank this is a guy who is upset because I talked to a girl at the gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigglesworth View Post
    shoot him
    Well I wouldent go that far, he's a skid, that might put him out of his misrable life he lives now. I would like to break both his legs and shove them up his A$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
    Thats one of the only sites I founds last night with any info, thanks sas.
    Last edited by funkinfunked; February 5th, 2008 at 03:00 pm.

When entering a 4-way stop the truck with the BIGGEST tires has the right of way!

I wouldn't put up with that ****.

Make his life a living hell unless he pays for the damage to your truck

Or just take him to court and get video evidence of him screwing around with your truck.

If he wants to fight you so bad do it, doesn't matter who wins as long as this back and forth game ends because screwing around with eachother in pranks is one thing but when you go after someones vehicle that takes it to a whole new level.

i would hide out one night and wait for him....with my baseball bat glove and ball. jsut so it shows you were jsut playing ball in your front yard.
    85 jimmy loud crawler

wow thats low when u can't even deal with ur own problems that u have to put dish soap in somones vehicle come on anyway hope u get the twarp back and good luck with ur problem

I have no enemy's en till yesterday. I was leaving the gas station and this fat skid approaches me. Tells me to stop macking on his girl, I ask what he's talking about. He proceeds to tell me not to mack on her, and tells me I'm around here alot. I then tell him I've been going here (gas station) for 8 years and know everyone because i smoke with them. Ex girlfriend worked there, and roommates have and I'm not going to stop going here because your(his) girlfriend just started working here. Then I walk away.

Well as it turns out this girl lives in the same building as me, he's seen my truck parked in the back all the time. She told me she single. He doesn't drive because he can barely afford the clothes on his back. So I can't even pay back on the guy because he owns nothing. Breaking his legs and stuffing them up his ass will only last so long before i find a bolder or worse through my truck.

What do I do? Well I do know I'm heading down to work to drop a gas tank, and pull apart a fuel pump to start with. Boil over in anger smoke a pack of smokes have a beer, kick a couple things and then put it all back together.

go make a report to the RCMP or police w/e then i would put a alarm on it or put a video camera filming it so if he comes back u have it on video then i would go up to him with a baseball bat and tell him to bugger off or els and that u noticified the police...

ball-peen hammer to the center of both hands. break them so baddly that when he takes a piss they hurt. He'll get the message loud and clear.

So I filed a police report and as we all know there is no real evidence so they can't do anything. Can't even finger print due to the rain and snow we had the other night.

Also talked with ICBC and as long as there is evidence in the fuel of the incident then they will cover the cost of repairs. What I have to do is pay the $300 deductible and tow it to the shop. Toyota in Langley will do the work for ICBC so I figure I'll get them to do the repairs.

As said earlier.

TWO OPTIONS:

1 - let him know that the girl is single and if you dont f-off and stop damaging my truck, i will make your life a living hell starting now.

2- get evidence of him screwing around with your truck then make a police report.

Quote Originally Posted by funkinfunked View Post
    What do I do? Well I do know I'm heading down to work to drop a gas tank, and pull apart a fuel pump to start with. Boil over in anger smoke a pack of smokes have a beer, kick a couple things and then put it all back together.
    just make sure not to have the smokes while dropping the tank

sucks to have that happen though good luck
    Herd of Turtles member
    VE7TOY
    73 Plymouth Scamp

Women cause soo many problems LOL
    93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 33" baja claws and a bunch of other stuff.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 3.8l supercharged V6, performance computer, shift kit. ~260-270HP