modded chainsaws. anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

modded chainsaws. anyone?

so is anyone into tuning/modding their chainsaws? I just picked up a new stihl and its not really as good as I though it would be. sounds like the EPA crap really lowers the performance. either way any saw could use some kind of hop up. just wondering if there are any experts or experienced people in this field on the board.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: modded chainsaws. anyone?

You can send it to Walker's saw shop and have it Walkerized but I think they only deal with Husky.

What size Stihl and is it got a black or orange handle ?

What do you do with the saw ?

My newest Stihl saw is a 2002 I got out of brushing and firewood cutting so I just do it for myself and haven't bought any new saws.

You might want to join arborist site .com they have a saw forum that can tell you what you can do to a newer Stihl.

the new saw is a 660 with 28 inch bar. belive it or not i just use it when camping. ive also got an old 281xp and the new saw barely has more power/performance.

i think i'll start by modding one of my old pullans and see how it works. i've also got a 034 that could use some more balls.

i just joined the arborist site last night and now got the bug. we mod everything else so why not our saws. would be nice to have some local guys to chat with.

Just don't get too carried away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvAI7-Qa2Io
    1997 GMC Sonoma ZR2, Pretty close to stock

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_Ranger View Post
    Just don't get too carried away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvAI7-Qa2Io
    Hey, i've been to Enumclaw! That's also the place where some guy let a horse **** him in the ass, and he died on the way to the hospital!
    Better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.

i`ve got lots of saws, i`d recommend selling it now before the bug gets you.

i`ve got an 090 stihl nib, an 090g, a ported 090, a 066, an 066 big bore, a 460 magnum with a ported 660 jug, a 460 magnum red light, dolmar 7900, ported 7900, 2 395 husky`s and a 3120 husky on my alaskan mill
    2010 Dodge Ram, chock full of Labrador and chainsaw

They need a few tanks through them before they break in, it will pick up power. Those 181s are good, like the 288s I have run many of. I have a Walkerized 395, it kicks ass. But if you are just using your saw for firewood i would leave it be. You could also get the dual muffler, I had someone tell me they put it on thier 660, it is factory part that gets around the bunk muffler the new saws have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Hey, i've been to Enumclaw! That's also the place where some guy let a horse **** him in the ass, and he died on the way to the hospital!
    I had no idea what you were talking about, and I assumed the missing word was Kick

So I googled it

Oh my Gaawwddd!
    Professional Driver on a Closed Course. Do Not Attempt.

92 YJ. Its not Gord's anymore.

Yup !
    the world is a strange place !

http://www.gagreport.com/bizarrenews..._sex_death.htm

Hey Tmax,
    Here is one of the best chain saw web sites I have ever been on.
    http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.ns...9?OpenDocument

Kris

Sure bring it over and I'll give you a spark plug with a more aggresive powerband. What's the matter can't cut up the hookers fast enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by brian468 View Post
    i`ve got lots of saws, i`d recommend selling it now before the bug gets you.

i`ve got an 090 stihl nib, an 090g, a ported 090, a 066, an 066 big bore, a 460 magnum with a ported 660 jug, a 460 magnum red light, dolmar 7900, ported 7900, 2 395 husky`s and a 3120 husky on my alaskan mill

Alaskan mill huh. Know anyone with a used one that wants to sell it.....or a used ripsaw would be kewl too.

ham

Following in the footprints of BC's history Lone Ranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Yeah, I remember that story, they mentioned it on Sat radio.... The real unbelievable thing is that it wasn't illegal until recently...
    Matt T.
    ----------------------------------------
    Ford Ranger nut

'09 FX4 Ranger with a mean owner

Quote Originally Posted by hamberger View Post
    Alaskan mill huh. Know anyone with a used one that wants to sell it.....or a used ripsaw would be kewl too.

ham
    alaskan mills are cheap, I have a couple of them....slow but works very well at my fly in camp rather than hiring the helicopter to fly wood in

Quote Originally Posted by drschols View Post
    alaskan mills are cheap, I have a couple of them....slow but works very well at my fly in camp rather than hiring the helicopter to fly wood in
    I guess with the Canadian dollar at par I could order a Grandberg from the states and make up my own guide bar. I was just wondering if someone semi-local had one that they didn't want anymore with the guides and everything ready to go.

ham