2lt injector pump

2lt injector pump

Anyone know where abouts I can pick one up..or possibly a kit to rebuild one? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2lt injector pump

tell me what is wrong with it.
    if you have leaky o-rings, certain o-rings can be replaced easily with the pump still on the truck. you can get these o-rings at the toyota dealer for about $4-$10 each.
    whats wrong with your pump?
    go to www.toyotadiesel.com and search over there for rebuild instructions and part numbers. that website specializes in diesel toyotas.
    98 Dodge Ram 4x4, 12v Cummins, BD Exhaust. stock for now upgrades soon!
    89 Toyota 4runner, 4" SAS, 2L-T Intercooled Diesel, Bumpers and Sliders, e-lockers, 35" MTR'S!
    85 Toyota longbox trailer
    88 Toyota ma70 supra 1jz twin turbo swap

I'm going to be buying the truck in the next few days..it runs great etc..but i do believe there is a small leak...and a mechanic mentioned it had a ripped diaphram or something along those lines....and because of that it will not pass aircare....im really not too familiar with these engines so any tips will be greatly appreciated so i can get on the road

5. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

you have a choice of removing that injection pump and taking it to a shop. it costs around $400 to have it re-sealed, and 1200+ to have it completely rebuilt and calibrated.
    check the info on toyotadiesel.com, see if you feel up to the task of replacing the leaking seals. you can get schematic diagrams from your toyota dealer of the pump and all the parts including the diagraphm which you should be able to do with the pump still on the truck.
    98 Dodge Ram 4x4, 12v Cummins, BD Exhaust. stock for now upgrades soon!
    89 Toyota 4runner, 4" SAS, 2L-T Intercooled Diesel, Bumpers and Sliders, e-lockers, 35" MTR'S!
    85 Toyota longbox trailer
    88 Toyota ma70 supra 1jz twin turbo swap

I went to my toyota dealer and got a diagram of the pump but no where on it is this afformentioned diaphram just a bunch of small o rings. Looks like something i should be able to handle without too much difficulty. Any shops in particular you could recommend?

I work in a diesel engine shop and we send all our fuel pumps to NW injection. They are very helpful in answering any questions. But if you have a leak as a result of a torn diaphragm, then it might be your lift pump that is leaking, not the injection pump.
    96 Tacoma lifted, Lockered on 33's Rebco box (Sold and missed)
    93 Toyota flatdeck 4x4 (Sold that too)
    96 F-250 Powerstroke. It's got me to work in Fort Mac, and took me on vacation to Baja California.

I don't know if the 2LT is the same as the 2H and the 3B (other toyota diesels) but the diaphragm on those engines is the governor. There is a nose cone one the the pump and under that is a diaphragm. If it has a hole you will get lots of black smoke and a gutless feeling engine. It is an easy fix, only catch is getting you fingers inside the opening after removing the nose cone and getting the old one off and the new one on. It is easy to drop a nut down inside the pump which would require removing the whole cover off the end of the pump. Also, the leak may be coming from the primer pump (again if it is similar to the 2H and 3B) as this part wears out and will start to leak. About a $40 part from an injection shop (at least double from toyota). If it is not leaking there and it is one of the injector lines then as was mentioned before, the washers are cheap.

ok go to the drivers side of the truck, look at the throtal linkage and follow that to the fuel pump. now when your looking at it, tehre are a few types out there for the 2l and 2lt and 1l.

the diafram your looking for is on top.
    This reminds me i have to re subcribe so i can post pics.

some have two nibs on top and some have 1
    some pumps as well have a rad hose that will circulate through the pump to heat up the fuel to prevent gelling. some dont

depends on the date and where it was manifactured for. the california ones have a bunch of emissions stuff .

If you need a pump, i have two .
    they work great last time i checked, they have been inside ever since.

If you look at your pump, ther eis a tag on the one sied , write down the numbers, and go to google,
    I bought a pump out of the us and the pump is identical, and is for a forklift. toyota of course.
    theat pump brand new, cost me i think it was 800 bucks , some where around that.
    Owner of KZ Welding (N) Fabrication Journeyman BC (A) Alberta (B) Pressure Ticketed
    I own a Long Box(missing),extra cab, Diesel turboed,,5.29,locked front rear, on board air,35 bfg. Built from ground up. 88 frame,83 cab 2wd,flat deck on its way with a exo cage and dual T-case. Truck is lifted enough to fit 35's but isn’t high. I’m looking at a new set up of shocks that hold the truck up and no need of coils or leaf.

Better to Have It and Not Need It then to Need It and Not Have It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bravo26 View Post
    I went to my toyota dealer and got a diagram of the pump but no where on it is this afformentioned diaphram just a bunch of small o rings. Looks like something i should be able to handle without too much difficulty. Any shops in particular you could recommend?
    Give https://chariotgcs.com/ a try. I've purchased some parts from them and I was very pleased with them.