BF Goodrich All Terrain vs. Yokohama Geolanders A/T

BF Goodrich All Terrain vs. Yokohama Geolanders A/T

which tire is better for all around use? looking for good in rain, tire wear, off road (mainly trails, nothing really muddy) and good in snow. any thoughts would be good.
    94 toyota pickup rollin on 33's. custom bush bar lotsa lights. K&N air filter and a flowmaster exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: BF Goodrich All Terrain vs. Yokohama Geolanders A/T

For AT tire u cant beat BFG. I have 30,000 km + on my set and my tires still show very minimal wear.
    04 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L - CAI, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson ATZ, 2" level kit, Magnaflow exhaust

don't think the yokos will get many votes compared to the BFGs. I have heard lots of + about the nitto terra grapplers but they are tough to find in canada i think. the bridgestone dueler revos are supposed to be the best A/T on the market but are very pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by snacks View Post
    once i figure out what to do for a career i will at least make $40 an hour i am sure so it's just a matter of time.

I have a set of Yoko A/T's which I ran for 6 months on and offroad, I like them alot and keep them for roadtrips. The BFG's area a stronger tire with better sidewall strength. The yokos performed very well in mud, snow and rock but I was always worried about how much abuse they could handle.

I now run BFG MT's which don't do as well in snow but give me more confidence offroad.
    '97 LX470 - "Gold'y'loxx"
    '91 4Runner - "The Blue Bushwacker" aka "The Wrinkled Pop-Can" ---- R.I.P.

BFG all the way,

Built with the same sidewall as the BFG MT. The all around best all terrain on the market. Nice non directional tread pattern.
    -----------------------------------------------
    2008 JK Rubicon Unlimited - Cobra 75wsxt

Imo the BFG's are hard to beat, my yota has kept up with the big boys many times and i have gone places with open diffs where the locked and mud tire guys have needed a tow.
    I got 25000 clicks on my 32's right now with no real wear to show other than some scuffing.

Following in the footprints of BC's history Lone Ranger's Avatar

Pretty much every set of Yoko's I've come across cup badly when they wear down due to their tread design, that's about the biggest thing I've noticed with them. I think you'd be happier with the BFGs in the long run..
    Matt T.
    ----------------------------------------
    Ford Ranger nut

'09 FX4 Ranger with a mean owner

I had the BFG AT's on my daily driver Tacoma. Like others, I was very impressed with the minimal wear I had on them, as I drive quite a bit each day. Worked great in the rain and snow. For the mild offroading I did, they never gave me any grief.
    She ain't pretty, but at least I USE my SUV!

1990 4Runner- "Rusty... but trusty"

I Hate the BFGs with a passion...

They're a strong tire, but I find the tread design ****. They were a compromise design that really ended up sucking at everything. I think a lot of people who recommend them end up comparing them to a mud tire, saying "they're better on road and only suck a little less than the MT offroad". I ended up comparing them to toher ATs and found them lacking.

Gummed up bad in mud.
    More slippery than any other AT I've used in rain and snow.
    Didn't bite the ice worth crap.

The only thing they had on every other AT I've had was sidewall strength - couldn't cut them if I tried.

They did wear well, but this was all in a very lightweight vehicle (slightly modified sami), so YMMV. I would personally recommend Pirelli's, Yoko's, Bridgestone's and Dunlop's over the BFG having used all of them.

I have a heavy ass Trooper now and I'm actually thinking of trying the new Nokian's - looks like they're trying to enter the North American truck tire market.

Me.
    Veni, Vedi, Velcro...
    I came, I saw, I stuck around.

thanks for all the input guys...i went with the yoko's because of the performance in the rain. thanks everybody
    94 toyota pickup rollin on 33's. custom bush bar lotsa lights. K&N air filter and a flowmaster exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    More slippery than any other AT I've used in rain and snow.
    Didn't bite the ice worth crap.
    i'm not knocking your opinion, but the A/T KO has a severe weather (snow/ice) rating that is usually reserved for dedicated snow tires and has done quite well for me in the ice and snow. granted, i don't have much first hand experience with other A/Ts but I have no reason to try any other based on my experience with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by snacks View Post
    once i figure out what to do for a career i will at least make $40 an hour i am sure so it's just a matter of time.