up north hunting

up north hunting

We are planning a trip to go to the Vanderhoof/Ft. St. James area (7-13,14,15)
    and was wondering if anyone has any experience up there or knows any good areas to set up a central camp

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Re: up north hunting

I can tell you that in parts of 7-13 there was over 3 feet of snow. My parents live in 7-13 north west of Vhoof.

I used to hunt and work up Barlow Lake Road, that's in 7-13. There's access thru that road that'll take you North towards Fort St James, and West to Fort Fraser. I'm not sure what those roads look like now though, all of the snow's melting fast...

I spent the last year of my highschool in Vhoof and have worked around there a fair amount in the past few years in silviculture.

What kind of camp are you guys planning to set up?
    Looking for some dolphin meat. Will pay top dollar. PM with offers.

We are planning for next year. We have 9 guys and are gear consists of 2 diesel crew cab trucks with one towing a car hauler with a toyota,and the other towing a 26ft flat deck triaxel trailer with a 6x8 enclosed fridge unit and 5 quads. We have 2 12x14 wall tents and plan on going next year in either the last week of september or first week of october.
    any good forestry roads with lots of other smaller branching roads that anyone knows of would be great. We have foresrty maps and back road maps, but some first hand knowledge would be great

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    BC4x4.com
    Advertisements

Wow, that's quite a trip. That's a ton of guys.
    Looking for some dolphin meat. Will pay top dollar. PM with offers.

Ive got quite a few buddies up here that are avid hunters. What areas are you looking at? What animals are you looking for? Best place to set up a central camp is at one of the motels. LOL. Most of the animals shot here are within an hour or 2 drive. Lots of cut blocks, lots of side roads. One of my buddies got his deer last year on his way home from work. Give me some specifics and i can ask around for you in the fort area as to the best spots. email me [email protected]

Ryan

I'm from Vanerhoof and it's so hard to say where to go. You ask ten different people you'll get ten different answers because there's endless back roads, lakes and, really good hunting ground up there. You plan on road hunting or spending most of the time in the bush hikeing, or calling them in. Can make a difference too. Ask again in a while, I'll be moving back up there in March. I love hunting and fishing up there. Good luck with the planning.

Sorry, there are few fishermen and hunters on the forum.