BC 4x4 Forums banner

Where can i get a Lift kit installed ?

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  jblazes 
#1 ·
I know about NSOR , too pricey .
Any other places to get a tm 5" lift kit installed on a 1999 Blazer ?

#3 ·
I've only ever dealt with NSOR, and I really don't think their prices are all that bad... especially once you're in their system, I started getting better deals on parts, etc...

I'm sure Carrier is good, but so is NSOR. I had no problem paying a bit more at first, since they stood by their work and are awesome people to deal with.

#5 ·
N.S.O.R lifted my IFS truck, and ya its not cheap. The kit (stage 2 procomp for an 88 runner) plus a steering stabilizer, boots for all shocks, idler arm, wheel alignment, and labour with tax................................2484.83$$$

Not a great deal, but not a bad deal.

My truck is an IFS which is much more difficult than a solid. If i was going to do it, it would have taken me way more time to install than them. Not to mention all the running around for misc. ****..............................All in All, the install was only 576$. If u got the extra 576$ let them do it. You will have your truck back in 1-2 days, with a pro job done on it.

BUT if u feel confortable doing it yourself go for it.

:beer :beer :beer :canadian :beer :beer :beer

#6 ·
8-10 hours for installation
we charge $70/hr, so $560-$700 depending on broken bolts/ problems arising plus you will want an alignment so another $60-$70 for a proper one
JCM motorsports
604-533-2116
778-883-5076

Brent

#9 ·
Do it yourself, I have done many before and 2 days taking it easy with a couple beers is the best way to understand your rig. If your going to wheel it might as well understand as much as you can about it.

Its very easy you need: (Besides Kit)

Drill + Bits
5" Grinder with cut off
Good set of tools
Jackstands + Jack
Case of beer
2 good friends

#10 ·
I thought about doing it myself , but i don't have a welder or welding skills . And it i only get 1 day a week off from work , so i would never have time to do it my self .
I have also recondsidered even doing a Suspension Lift ,and just saving up a little extra $$$ and gettting a SAS done . nothing to extreme , just some Dana44's and 33" tires , no regearing(i have 3.73's in the rear with a lsd now ) or lockers for now . If i gather the parts needed my self I wonder how much it would cost to get it installed ?

#11 ·
big bucks $$$$$$ to get someone else to install........................I would think they would probably quote atleast 40 hours labour............ and i'm thinkin thats even being generous.

75-80 an hour = over 3000 atleast

If u aint doin it, u better start lookin for an 85 and prior, it would be cheaper............................good luck

#12 ·
Well , i just made my self look like an idiot , thanks for the info . your right it would be in my best interest to just buy a trail only rig and beat on it , instead of chopping up a daily driver . Thannks , i don't know why i missed that idea .

#13 ·
I'm not sayin to not do a sas, I'm just sayin if u cant do it your self than a cheaper way to go is get an 85 or prior runner because they are solid axle. 85 is the last year of the solid axle and the first year of the EFI, therefor this would be the ideal year.

But if u can pick up a truck already done out for a good deal than thats always the cheaper route.

Best of Luck

:beer :beer :canadian :beer :beer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.