BC 4x4 Forums banner

Duramax 6.6 oil pressure?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  2rods 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Chev duramax 6.6 and the computer has been saying low oil pressure at times and guage reading low too. Just over 300,000 kms on it. Thought I'd attach a mechanical pressure guage to block. Anyone know of a spot to attach it? Heard somewhere near oil filter...

#3 ·
Any idea where oil switch you talk about on engine? I'm thinking up by oil filter...

#5 ·
Ok low oil pressure due to diesel leaking from return lines under valve cover. $700 repair bill fixed it. Cheaper than new injectors. Had it fixed in July and truck oil pressure back to normal since!!

#6 ·
My 03 has low pressure, hovers just above the red part on the factory gauge at idle but when your driving or giving it throttle it jumps up to normal. Im probably going to hook up a better gauge on mine to watch it more closely.

Your return lines were leaking into the oil thus thinning it out and cause low oil pressure? I had leaky injectors in mine and had about 2 liters of diesel in my oil before I got the injectors done and my oil pressure gauge still seem the same was it is now without them leaking. Don't really trust the factory gauge myself tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.