BC 4x4 Forums banner

Studying for the Canadian Firearms Safety Course

28K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  driver71 
#1 ·
I'm going to challenge the exam. Does anyone know of any online or downloadable quiz programs? I get really bored of reading the study guide over and over again.

Anything I should watch out for on the practical portion of the exam?

...lars

#2 ·
the none restricted is so easy its not even funny. baisically you read the questions and you already know the aswere. i think there are 40 questions. took me about 5 min to do the whole thing.

if you wanna make it even easier, i can dig up the actual page numbers on the study book that you need to know.

i thought you already had your pal:eek:

by the way maybe go for the restricted at the same time and be done with it.

#4 ·
Sass, post up what you've got, I need to get my restricted as well.

:cool:

i'll see if i can find the stuff. to be honest with you, its all about safety. an avrage person by just reading the book once should get 100%. its all about common sence and safety. so pick the safest answer. (multiple choice)

#5 ·
It's all pretty straight forward safety stuff. Don't point the gun at the instructor :eek: Know how to use the safety, unload it, check if it's loaded etc.

As I recall, you need something like 85% or something to pass the written exam.

Chris.

#9 ·
like tmax said the non-restricted PAL is almost laughable easy when i took mine there was a guy who had just moved to the country a few month prior and could barely read/understand english and he passed

and as for the restricted its not much harder if your up to it you could save time and do the entire deal in one weekend (CORE,PAL,Restricted PAL)

#10 ·
#13 ·
Take both the non-restricted and restricted at the same time.

One is not more difficult than the other, it's just that the non-restricted is primarily about long guns and the restricted is primarily about handguns.

Half of the questions are the same for both tests; gun safety, rules and regs, etc.

And when you send in your license fee, you only have to send in one fee, not two.

My examiner tried walking in front of the gun a couple times, so watch for that. lol

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.