Herd of Turtles GPS ChallengeFraser Valley, actual start location to be provided to participants a few days prior.
Arrive between 8:00AM and 9:00AM for staggered departures
Vehicles may work alone or in teams of two.
Bring a lunch, the day is expected to be 5 or more hours long.
- Functioning and in good working order 4x4 vehicle equipped with the normally accepted trail equipment such as, but not limited to front and rear tow points, tow strap, shovel, jack, CB and cell phone.
- GPS using WGS 84
The purpose of this challenge is to make your way though a set course, making your way from one GPS coordinates to another. At each GPS coordinate location, you will receive the next coordinate.
What your GPS and you needs to be able to do:
Enter waypoint coordinates and make your way to them. If you are new to this type of challenge, please practice entering coordinates such as N49 05.092 W122 00.641 into your GPS and using the seek function to make your way to them. www.geocaching.com is an excellent site for doing a similar sort of challenge.
We have set up 4 different classes:
- Easy - newbie, 2wd, maybe 4wd, stock
- Easy Plus 4wd, muddy puddles, some rock, full-size, stockish
- Hard 4wd, mud, rock, logs, full-size will wrinkle body panels
- Hard Plus 4WD, mud, rock, logs, possible winching, full-size will wrinkle body
There are 7 spaces in each class, so space is limited.
Please RSVP Phil email@example.com subject line GPS Challenge 2 if you intend to attend.
We need to know your Class intention, name and passengers, a general vehicle description and if you will be working alone or in a team of two, and if so who that other vehicle, driver and navigator is.
Please note, this challenge is merely a fun outing. It is not a competitive event. There are no speed or timing components.
President, Herd of Turtles 4WD Society