BC 4x4 Forums banner

Greenwood, BC

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lone Ranger 
#1 ·
Just as a quick heads up for those who may be travelling through Greenwood (beteen Midway and Grand Forks on Hwy 3) there's a couple of mines that are worth stopping for.

There's a series of 3 on the west side just east of the Anaconda Cafe (about 200 yrds on south side of highway), there's two lower shafts (one about 75' and one maybe 50', and a shallow one up above). Nothing too fancy considering the history in the town but a nice quick walk and it hidden in the bushes right along the road. I apologize that I forgot to grab the camera.

The second I haven't gotten up the gumption yet to check it out, but its behind the Napa on the east end of town. It a proper-looking low-laying shaft up against the hillside and looks like it may go in a ways, assuming its not flooded or caved in already. I never saw any signs and from what I can see it appears to be intact. Maybe in the next week or two I'll roll back through and actually stop. The guys at Napa should know something about it.

Just thought I'd share what I've been up to lately. LR

#3 ·
Awesome write-up!!!! I like your format and all the pictures. If you guys get around to doing the run again (or similar runs), please let me know as I'd be very interested. Thank you!!!

#5 ·
Yup, its accessable still Lars. Don't worry, I'm through there tons and I've looked at them tons, that was just the first time I actually took the time to walk back to them. I should have my new Cannon S3 pretty quick so I'm hoping to break it in on those ones :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.