entering/exiting driveway [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: entering/exiting driveway

gregjack62
October 22nd, 2003, 11:04 am
when entering my driveway i prefer to back in as it makes exiting a much safer ordeal

i put my signal on ,stop in front of my driveway and back in

which sounds simple unless the person behind pulls up so close that there is barely room to move

my backup lights are easy to see /should my 4-way flashers be on

am i breaking some rule here /ie:impeding traffic somehow

BlameCanada
October 22nd, 2003, 03:11 pm
Originally posted by gregjack62
when entering my driveway i prefer to back in as it makes exiting a much safer ordeal

i put my signal on ,stop in front of my driveway and back in

which sounds simple unless the person behind pulls up so close that there is barely room to move

my backup lights are easy to see /should my 4-way flashers be on

am i breaking some rule here /ie:impeding traffic somehow I do the same thing at my parents house, as their house is in residential zoning, but their on the Bus route. As I recall, being on a Bus route, makes the road a "heavy traffic area", and therefore, improper (if not illegal) to back onto without the help of a spotter. No flashers required.

And if they stop too close, they can just stare at my reverse lights until they get tired, and back off and give me some room (Even the busses).

skidmark
October 22nd, 2003, 09:18 pm
Another driver not paying any attention.

No, you only do something wrong if you were to back up unsafely and cause a problem. I share your habit of backing into my driveway. When you back in, you only have to worry about what is in the driveway, and you have perfect sight when it is time to leave and drive forward into traffic.

crazyguy
October 23rd, 2003, 05:34 pm
one of the vague things I remeber from when I got my liscence is my driving instructer saying something about if your backing into your driveway and get hit while doing so 99% of the time it will be the other persons fault, and you dont need 4ways to do this either cause if your parralel parking you are suppose to back in and you dont need 4ways for that just brake lights, signals, and reverse lights all working properly. but if your backing out of your driveway and get hit then pretty much 100% of the its your fault.