why i need a new door and fender [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: why i need a new door and fender

darkest1
January 28th, 2011, 04:58 pm
did this up at james lake near kelowna. this is the reason for my post in the wanted section. need a drivers door and fender. the door is full of the busted glass.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/darkest1/DSCF1459.jpg

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/darkest1/DSCF1458.jpg

did it on a tree

ansonbabs
January 28th, 2011, 06:07 pm
Dude you just made me feel better about my adventure with a tree

darkest1
January 28th, 2011, 09:55 pm
Dude you just made me feel better about my adventure with a tree

glad i could help.

bigass78
January 28th, 2011, 10:09 pm
Walk us through what happened

darkest1
January 28th, 2011, 10:19 pm
Walk us through what happened

i couldnt back up cause there was a truck stuck behind me with no recovery points. so, i tried to go up and around so i could get at the other truck from the back to pull it out. there was a log/root combo burried under 2 feet of snow that i hit not straight on, so it quickly slid my truck to one side (drivers side) when the rear tires hit it unevenly onto the burried fallen tree. the sudden sideways jolt from the buried log pushed the truck laterally onto a tree standing next to the "trail". the damage wasn't so bad at that point, but i couldn't get up or off this icy rooty log part. reverse wasn't really an option because it was a miracle that i made it that far. the rocking back and forth next to the standing tree to try and get up the ledge at a weird angle tore off the mirror, and i almost got up the ledge, but the ice was gonna have no part of that, and i had one good slide backwards that put the tree right into the door. thats when the glass broke. recovery the next day wasn't too bad. a highlift converted to bumperjack/winch style to pull/drag the front of the truck sideways once i got backed off the ledge. then, as your signature says, hammer it through the deep stuff, through where the other truck had been (since removed) and out. make sense?

darkest1
January 28th, 2011, 10:40 pm
but i think it will buff out.

bigass78
January 28th, 2011, 10:49 pm
Yea that makes sense. Sucks about the body damage. Once that snow turns to ice your fucked. You are now it's bitch. There was a pile up at eagle ridge about 3 weeks ago cause of this

darkest1
January 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
if you never dent your truck, you should be driving a car.

GVN_erd
January 28th, 2011, 11:51 pm
meh, that'll buff out. :laugh

ouch bud, good one! oh well, now the bumper has some company :)

are you going to go for the different colour door & fender style or do some serious fixing up of the old girl and paint it? a bucket of tremclad?

GVN_erd
January 28th, 2011, 11:53 pm
if you never dent your truck, you should be driving a car.

dent just doesn't seem like the right word for all of that :whiteflag:

ansonbabs
January 29th, 2011, 01:11 am
glad i could help.

Hey I slamed a tree last week in Davis and took out my Drivers Door and mirror trying to get to the water fall Sniveled about it till I saw yours and had to STFU

loner
January 31st, 2011, 06:04 pm
I'd just get a door the fender is still good

hiland4runner
March 21st, 2011, 09:39 pm
but i think it will buff out.

Ditto

jvkf4x4
March 21st, 2011, 11:40 pm
did this up at james lake near kelowna. this is the reason for my post in the wanted section. need a drivers door and fender. the door is full of the busted glass.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/darkest1/DSCF1459.jpg

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/darkest1/DSCF1458.jpg

did it on a tree
hi there i got frt left door & rear left door complete, asking for $300 but you need to paint them,caus they are in red color..

itsy bitsy xj
March 22nd, 2011, 02:08 am
"My dad is a t.v. repairman he has an awsome set of tools, I can fix it" Jeff Spicoli--FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMOUNT HIGH right after they crashed the Z-28

J20
March 22nd, 2011, 07:33 am
"My dad is a t.v. repairman he has an awsome set of tools, I can fix it" Jeff Spicoli--FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMOUNT HIGH right after they crashed the Z-28

LMAO.........did the same thing to my xj this weekend........one drivers door fucked , one hatch fucked , the quarter was already fucked

darkest1
March 22nd, 2011, 11:42 am
LMAO.........did the same thing to my xj this weekend........one drivers door fucked , one hatch fucked , the quarter was already fucked

maybe we can get a group buy on rocksliders. protection for next time.

J20
March 22nd, 2011, 07:17 pm
The lmao was for itsy and I already have sliders and hoops just completely missed them

darkest1
March 22nd, 2011, 09:14 pm
how 'bout pictures?

Squamch
March 24th, 2011, 07:04 pm
Pull the inner panel, push the dents out, put a new window in and carry onward wayward son.