Hydro Assist hose question [Archive] - BB.BC4x4.COM

: Hydro Assist hose question

callan
July 28th, 2010, 05:31 pm
So I put my PSC hydro assist kit on my truck last weekend and when testing it there was a pinhole leak in the hydro line close to the Crimp on #6 JIC 90* fitting, is there any issues with cutting hose down at pinhole and installing a non crimp on style fitting at the other end?hose has one that came with kit on opposite end of crimped on fitting so that you can make line to lenght you need? I see no issues but not sure?

strstk
July 29th, 2010, 12:12 am
if its a pressure line then NO you can`t do it and DON'T Try checking for leaks with your hand IT WILL CUT YOU AND POISON YOU

callan
July 29th, 2010, 02:21 pm
if its a pressure line then NO you can`t do it and DON'T Try checking for leaks with your hand IT WILL CUT YOU AND POISON YOU

It is a presure line from the Ram to the Toyota Steering box, it had the crimped fitting on one end from PSC and the non-crimped style fitting you put on the other end once cut hose to lenght. So is there an issue to have two non crimped on fittings?

I know not to check for leaks like that, just unsure if an non-crimped style fitting can go on both ends? as why would they send a non crimp style with kit if it wasn't ok?

Anyone help me out?? want to pick up a fitting and go wheeling this weekend. Just want to make sure that this won't be an issue.

jeeponrock
July 29th, 2010, 02:33 pm
IMO it depends on the type of line and the type of fitting you're picking up. I'd call PSC or stop by a hydraulic shop and ask. If it was me I'd probably stop by a local shop that makes hydraulic lines and get a replacement line made to my specs.

callan
July 29th, 2010, 02:45 pm
Thanks, I will call around and find out.

plastered
July 29th, 2010, 05:46 pm
i work for a hydraulic shop and can tell u it wont be a problem.i use reusables all the time on high pressure lines with no problem.just make sure u buy the correct type of reusable.they make different ones for 1,2 and 4 wire hydraulic hose.im guessing that u probably have 2 wire..:beer

haywirebutton
August 3rd, 2010, 10:08 am
You can use no skive reusable hydraulic fittings on your hose What is it 2 wire 3/8? Cheap to make a new one anyway.

callan
August 3rd, 2010, 05:50 pm
Thanks everyone, stopped by the local shop as suggested and had them make up a new line for me. Got it all installed and the other line from PSC is leaking from the fitting when presure on that side of the ram. Well back I go for another line that won't leak.