BC 4x4 Forums banner

Bradian is up for sale!

14K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  N3W0 
#1 ·
Anyone want to buy a ghost town? Only 1.3 million, gets the gears turning that's for sure...........

[video=youtube;67UMWjsTHj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67UMWjsTHj8&feature=related[/video]

Derek

#3 ·
they said there is 22 houses and we should be able to joe them down to an even million so that makes it about 45 grand each.

if it was right next to a decent lake then it would be worth it.

we could appoint a dictator and build a wall around the whole place.

#5 ·
The video was posted in early Feb - my guess is that they were trying to cash in on the Olympics just like everybody else was.

Derek

#6 ·
Its not news. Its been for sale for years.

Its a sloped site with really just buildings holding on for dear life. Its a nice spot, ideal for a cottage community, but there are already two there in Gold Bridge and Bralorne like five minutes down the road.

Its a great idea if there was additional infastructure (like a good road). Has not been any for decades and won't be any.

#9 ·
You should see all the adds in the local paper for rentals. Everybody that kicked their tenants out for the olympics now have empty houses.

#8 ·
We will call it "FourByFouria" and all the roads must have 4 inches of mud minimum at all times. . . Just need a Canadian Tire and a McDonalds put in and we're good to go. :p

#14 ·
not quite as nice as Kitsault. Would have been a good place to pickup. plus it was only inhabited from 1979 to 1982 so its had way less use. probably alittle creepy at night like some sort of zombie apocalypse movie tho.

#15 ·
Lots of history up in Bralorne and Bradian. There's other ghost town sites in the general area too, you just need to know where to go. I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, just thought I'd post some old pictures. Years ago my parents bought the land that the old legion hall and bowling alley was on. All that was left was the foundation, and even after a half century of weathering it was suitable to build on. All I have right now is the real old pics. In the coming days I'll post some construction and completion photos. These pictures are from around 1950 ish.

:popcorn

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.